Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Families Not Prepared For Attending Daycare
Lucy 06:53 PM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
LOL who is yelling at you on the playground?

Huh? I'm slow tonight... What am I missing??

I think big name water bottling companies over push the need for water. Too much of anything is not good for a person. There is a push for drinking water and it makes me wonder why.......$ is the bottom line answer for this.

I agree, but I think my articles were from sources related to healthy living, and not sponsored by bottled water manufacturers. Could be wrong....

I personally listen to my own body and go from there.

I got to thinking... the varying opinions on this topic might be because a lot of people just aren't water drinkers by nature. My husband and my mother HATE drinking water. My mom's doctor said her blood test showed enzymes (sorry, I don't understand it fully) which show she could be heading toward kidney failure, and asked how much she drinks. I said barely anything (because I take care of her - she has Alzheimer's) and he said bingo. My husband's pee is like dark beer. Yuck. He's been warned too. Me? I LOVE water. Drink it all day long. So maybe that's where my mindset for the kids comes from.

Thanks for posting a different view it has been good reading even if I don't agree with you 100%- It's all good~

Well, I'm used to it. I find that I do things way differently than most people on here. I was surprised to come to that realization, but I've been on here for a few years now, and it has sunk in.... I'm a misfit, LOL!! And yes -- it's all good!

My responses above
renodeb 01:50 PM 11-14-2013
I have to say that I have had all kinds of kids. Lately its been the child rules the roost. DOnt want to nap ta home, ok parent gets them up. I have one parent who doesnt want to wean her child off the bottle because she doesnt want to put the time in on it or hear the whinning. I could go on and on!
Deb
Crazy8 03:41 PM 11-14-2013
Originally Posted by renodeb:
I have to say that I have had all kinds of kids. Lately its been the child rules the roost. DOnt want to nap ta home, ok parent gets them up. I have one parent who doesnt want to wean her child off the bottle because she doesnt want to put the time in on it or hear the whinning. I could go on and on!
Deb
Oh, and potty training... My policy has always been start over vacation/long weekend and really dedicate your time to training - stay home, no trips to the mall or day at the beach, etc. Its worked for well over 10 yrs, children come in 5-6 days later very well on their way to being fully trained. Until the last year or two.... now parents are too busy and look at you like you have 3 heads if you suggest they stay home with their child for a few days. One (first time) parent told me she needed to buy an online program on how to potty train cause she needed something "more concrete" to follow than my tips/method. Another spent one 3 day weekend "trying" and said it didn't work and now is putting him in a chain preschool because that will help him potty train (yes, thats one of their reasons!). Since I won't do it for them they think a center will (and sad part is they probably will).
Tags:new to daycare, parents - are clueless
1 2
Reply Up