Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's your New Year's Resolution?
Pepperth 05:50 AM 01-03-2016
What's your New Year's resolution? I think for the daycare, my goal is to keep up on paperwork and be more prepared. Personally, I need to be more organized and find a better balance between work and home. (especially since its in the same space.)
Annalee 06:22 AM 01-03-2016
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
What's your New Year's resolution? I think for the daycare, my goal is to keep up on paperwork and be more prepared. Personally, I need to be more organized and find a better balance between work and home. (especially since its in the same space.)
To not allow what others do personally or professionally to affect MY own attitude!
Laurel 08:38 AM 01-03-2016
Well I usually don't make any but this year something just came over me so I posted the following on my Facebook page. I'll copy it here.

When will we be good enough?
I don’t know about you but I’m getting pretty tired of little self improvement ‘quotes’ on Facebook or articles on how to live my life. In other words, how can I improve myself?
How to stay healthy, how to get thinner, what makeup will make me look better, how to be a good friend, how to keep that spark in my marriage, how to manage my finances, how to improve as a parent, how to decorate to make my house look better and, oh yeah, let’s not forget how “to find some time for ourselves.”
Well how the heck can we find time for ourselves when we have to devote all our time to this self improvement garbage?
I’m fine the way I am. I think the little ‘tips’ are like hearing “You know dear, you could do better.” I miss Mr. Rogers. He used to tell me that he liked me just the way I was. Here’s to you Mr. Rogers!
I don’t usually make resolutions but I am going to this year. It will be to pamper myself a little every day. I am going to try to listen to myself rather than others. That’s it. This doesn’t have to be a well polished article. It is fine the way it is.
Happy New Year!
Thriftylady 11:18 AM 01-03-2016
I don't really make them. I kind of feel like if I decide I need to change something about me I should just do it. It shouldn't have anything to do with a new year. I am working on getting more organized with all the daycare things in my house, but I have been working on that for a month or so already, and probably will still be working on it when 2017 hits lol.
mommiebookworm 12:17 PM 01-03-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am working on getting more organized with all the daycare things in my house, but I have been working on that for a month or so already, and probably will still be working on it when 2017 hits lol.
That's me exactly!!
Josiegirl 01:03 PM 01-03-2016
My goal is simply to eat healthy every day. I want my choices to revolve around fruits/veggies/chicken/fish and oatmeal. Cut out diet coke(Lord give me strength). Eventually with every day I do it, my resolve will strengthen and I'll be more willing to eat basic healthy foods. At the moment I just do not feel great and at 62 I don't have tons of time to become healthy. ODAAT right?
Josiegirl 01:06 PM 01-03-2016
Laurel, I tend to agree with everything you said. Media has been telling us forever what we should change about ourselves, our homes and lives, everything. What a waste of energy and self-esteem trying to fit everybody else's mold.
midaycare 06:32 PM 01-03-2016
I enjoy making New Years Resolutions. I spend time contemplating every year about what things I want to leave behind in the old year and what I want to bring with me in the new year.

This year I want to cut out diet soda. I have no more in the house, so...tomorrow will be interesting for the kiddos

I also want to "prepare" a little more. We are going to buy a generator, a month's worth of food for all of us, and water. I don't know if we will ever use it, but better safe than sorry.

And I'm going to keep my counter clean. Usually it's cluttered. Hubby and I spent the last 2 days cleaning and organizing
Play Care 03:19 AM 01-04-2016
I kind of agree, Laurel. I always kind of ask myself if the resolution or goal is for ME or because of someone else. I like setting goals for ME.

Like another poster I need to be better at DC paperwork. I'm looking at spending this week going back and getting everything together and I already know it's a hot mess.

I'd like to spend LESS time online (already started this over my vacation) and more time IRL.

I'd like to do more with my dck's and have a better plan for the day. I'd gotten away from lesson planning the last few years when I'd been bringing them to and from "real" preschool every day and I'm not as satisfied with how the days go.

I would like to do more races this year, including a half marathon. I find having an event to train for makes me stick to a work out plan better.

I want to be kinder to myself and others. I want to surround myself with people who make me feel good and not drag me down.

So kind of a lot, but all for meeeee
284878 07:05 AM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I enjoy making New Years Resolutions. I spend time contemplating every year about what things I want to leave behind in the old year and what I want to bring with me in the new year.

This year I want to cut out diet soda. I have no more in the house, so...tomorrow will be interesting for the kiddos

I also want to "prepare" a little more. We are going to buy a generator, a month's worth of food for all of us, and water. I don't know if we will ever use it, but better safe than sorry.

And I'm going to keep my counter clean. Usually it's cluttered. Hubby and I spent the last 2 days cleaning and organizing
Seems like our power outages have increased for us in 2015. So we just got a generator off CL for $200 since they were sold out at the stores. We lost our power on Christmas eve, it was out for 40 hours.
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 01-04-2016

Here's to you Mr Rogers!!
midaycare 08:27 AM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
Seems like our power outages have increased for us in 2015. So we just got a generator off CL for $200 since they were sold out at the stores. We lost our power on Christmas eve, it was out for 40 hours.
Some people around here lost power too, which was weird. No storms or anything!
Laurel 01:13 PM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I kind of agree, Laurel. I always kind of ask myself if the resolution or goal is for ME or because of someone else. I like setting goals for ME.

Like another poster I need to be better at DC paperwork. I'm looking at spending this week going back and getting everything together and I already know it's a hot mess.

I'd like to spend LESS time online (already started this over my vacation) and more time IRL.

I'd like to do more with my dck's and have a better plan for the day. I'd gotten away from lesson planning the last few years when I'd been bringing them to and from "real" preschool every day and I'm not as satisfied with how the days go.

I would like to do more races this year, including a half marathon. I find having an event to train for makes me stick to a work out plan better.

I want to be kinder to myself and others. I want to surround myself with people who make me feel good and not drag me down.

So kind of a lot, but all for meeeee
My goals are for ME too. When mama is happy, everybody's happy.
Laurel 01:21 PM 01-04-2016
For those who want to improve their health I just found a site that seems pretty cool. I've only belonged to for a couple of days though. It is called nerdfitness.com The nerd refers to those who like to play video games I think. I don't but they have monthly challenges like the quests in video games.

What I like is that you make up your own goals and they suggest some for those who need help. Theirs are too easy but are only suggestions. The point is to reach your goal by the end of the month. I like that because you only have to commit to one month. Experts say that most people only keep their New Year's resolution for one month anyway.

It sounds appealing to me because after a month I can have some variety and pick another goal. The goals are in the area of Health/Eating; Fitness; and Lifestyle. The lifestyle is some goal not related to health and fitness. If anyone joins I go under the name of Karianne85. I submitted my challenge thread.
daycare 01:24 PM 01-04-2016
buy a preschool or start one outside of my home. It's going to be a long process, but i want to start it.

Along with doing a better job of record keeping on my spending with the DC. I hate that part of this business.
momofsix 03:50 PM 01-04-2016
I want to stay consistent with my running. I signed up for a 25k for this spring, and am running the same half marathon in the fall that I did this fall, along with a few shorter races. Being committed to a race helps me stay committed to training!
I also want to do better at keeping a Sabbath. I usually keep my weekends way too busy with no time to rest. I'd like to try to get back in the Sunday Sabbath habit that I grew up with.
momneedscoffee 04:20 PM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Patience!!!
Stick to a healthy diet & lifestyle
Sneak in some exercise daily (haven't done so yet )
Get organized and NOT procrastinate everything!
Be more aware of how my money is spent
Read more books

spedmommy4 05:06 PM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
buy a preschool or start one outside of my home. It's going to be a long process, but i want to start it.

Along with doing a better job of record keeping on my spending with the DC. I hate that part of this business.
Me too!! I am working with the small business development center to get mine started right now. It's definitely a process.
daycare 06:29 PM 01-04-2016
You will have to share with me your process. I don't even know where to start right now. It's my goal by the end of the week to find out. ��
Controlled Chaos 07:55 PM 01-04-2016
I want to take a dance class once a week. Dancing makes my soul happy.

I want to worry more about what's good for me and my family - taking MLK day off for the first time. Because special time with my kids is important!

Look at my phone less when not in a designated veg out time
AmyKidsCo 01:26 PM 01-05-2016
To NOT take on anything else - and to watch out for the word "just" because it gets me into tons of trouble.

It's just a couple cookies...

It's just one extra class...

It's just one workshop...

Last semester I "just'ed" myself into taking 2 classes (including a capstone with a major final project) while teaching, working full time, etc. I was hanging on until my mom was hospitalized for 3 weeks in November.

Now my motto is Just Say No!
Reply Up