Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"I Don't Waaaaaaaaaaant To"
Baby Beluga 02:40 PM 12-11-2017
Made wonderful tray "works" for the children. Transferring bells from bowl to bowl using a spoon, using tweezers to transfer pom poms onto printed photos of presents, Rudolph, Santa, etc, and made pattern strips of Christmas foam stickers for the children to match and pattern with.

Just to have the 4 year old cry "I don't waaaaaaaaaant to. I caaaaaaaaaan't. I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired."

After a 2 hour nap.

Cat Herder 03:57 PM 12-11-2017
Sorry. That was a lot of effort on your part.

It is happening here, too. The kids just don't want to preschool right now. I am bribing them to do their Christmas projects for their parents as it is. They want to snuggle with soft toys, play solitary manipulatives and lay about.

The parents are stressed, the kids feel it. Everyone is off schedule from weekend outings with extended family so parents can shop and wrap. Most have sniffles, chapped lips/cheeks and irritated red/bleeding cuticles. All have bad dry skin that itches.

It was a colloidal oatmeal bath, gold bond ultimate, strawberry chap stick and pajama kind of day, here.
CityGarden 05:04 PM 12-11-2017
LOL they are already ready for Christmas break! I will also add Mondays are tough with my crowd. I do not try to do anything special or push their limits on Mondays.
Baby Beluga 08:20 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Sorry. That was a lot of effort on your part.

It is happening here, too. The kids just don't want to preschool right now. I am bribing them to do their Christmas projects for their parents as it is. They want to snuggle with soft toys, play solitary manipulatives and lay about.

The parents are stressed, the kids feel it. Everyone is off schedule from weekend outings with extended family so parents can shop and wrap. Most have sniffles, chapped lips/cheeks and irritated red/bleeding cuticles. All have bad dry skin that itches.

It was a colloidal oatmeal bath, gold bond ultimate, strawberry chap stick and pajama kind of day, here.
Can I come live with you?
daycarediva 09:41 AM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Made wonderful tray "works" for the children. Transferring bells from bowl to bowl using a spoon, using tweezers to transfer pom poms onto printed photos of presents, Rudolph, Santa, etc, and made pattern strips of Christmas foam stickers for the children to match and pattern with.

Just to have the 4 year old cry "I don't waaaaaaaaaant to. I caaaaaaaaaan't. I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired."

After a 2 hour nap.

"I CAN'T LIKEEEEE TOOOOOOO" is the new I don't want to from my 4 year old.
Reply Up