Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Quit? I'll Never Make this Much $ Outside
Unregistered 09:52 AM 07-18-2014
I'm only making half of what I'm able to doing daycare and even at half capacity I would never even be able to make the same amount outside the home.

I do not want to work with kids anymore. I'm burned out. At the end of the day I'm so stressed from dealing with daycare kids that I have no patience for my own kids. It's just not fair.

But I have a minimum income that I need to meet. And this IS with cutting corners. I might be able to cut down another $500/month in bills, but I still can't make that much outside the home... If I did I would be stuck working full time with overtime and that extra amount would be paid in daycare fees for my own kids
Blackcat31 09:55 AM 07-18-2014
((hugs)) this is definitely a high stress job.

How long have you been in business? What are some of the things that are the most stressful for you?

Maybe others have tips/tricks to eliminate those stressors and help you find your love of this job again....
Second Home 11:26 AM 07-18-2014
I have been there and know how you feel .

Is there maybe 1 child or the parents in particular who stress you out the most?

Maybe letting that one stressful family go will help you feel better .

I once had a dcb who had issues I kept him way longer than I should have because I wanted to help him , in the end it only made my days worse . I would dread the days he would come . Then one day there was an incident that was the final straw and I termed him . Things got better , I had less stress and was able to enjoy the kids more .
Unregistered 12:42 PM 07-18-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I have been there and know how you feel .

Is there maybe 1 child or the parents in particular who stress you out the most?

Maybe letting that one stressful family go will help you feel better .

I once had a dcb who had issues I kept him way longer than I should have because I wanted to help him , in the end it only made my days worse . I would dread the days he would come . Then one day there was an incident that was the final straw and I termed him . Things got better , I had less stress and was able to enjoy the kids more .
yea. one child. he will be leaving at the end of the summer. and other child, my own. he despises the daycare and is very mean to the other kids a lot of times. he will go to kindergarten in sept. perhaps things will be looking better at that point. OR worse, he will KNOW those kids have been with me all day and HE HASN'T! that could be terrible.
Reply Up