Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Napping Regulations
Laconetta 05:53 PM 05-22-2016
I'm licensed in Massachusetts. My licensor came for an unannounced visit. When asked to see the napping area, she inquired about the blankets. I recently laundered the blankets and stored them away for the seasons. It's may, and my kiddies don't use blankets during warmer months. Well, thus did not go well. I was informed that all children are to be provided with a cot, mat, crib etc and a blanket. Of course she documented my non compliance. I read the regulations, but the term "provided" to means that one is available if needed, not that it needs to be given if not wanted. Anyone have this kind of regulation?
Blackcat31 06:10 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Laconetta:
I'm licensed in Massachusetts. My licensor came for an unannounced visit. When asked to see the napping area, she inquired about the blankets. I recently laundered the blankets and stored them away for the seasons. It's may, and my kiddies don't use blankets during warmer months. Well, thus did not go well. I was informed that all children are to be provided with a cot, mat, crib etc and a blanket. Of course she documented my non compliance. I read the regulations, but the term "provided" to means that one is available if needed, not that it needs to be given if not wanted. Anyone have this kind of regulation?
I'm in MN and my regulations have the same wording but its always been interpreted as meaning daily. I give my kiddos blankets every day, even when its 90F. The house is temp controlled but they still use them all the time.
spedmommy4 06:14 PM 05-22-2016
I believe the regulation is the same here in California. I would have interpreted it as you did. That said, if the analysts there are anything like here, they can interpret the regulation how they like.

Here, parents supply a blanket and I keep them in the kids cubbies. Kids can use them if they feel the need to. This way, the blankets are always technically available and I am not the one making the choice.
ColorfulSunburst 07:06 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Laconetta:
I give blankets to kids every single day. If they don't want to use it they don't use.
You do not keep lunch in a refrigerator waiting if kids ask for it. You serve the food. They can see that, they know what ask about. The same situation with blankets.
Tags:blankets, napping, naps, regulations
Reply Up