Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Should I have a nanny contract?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attention Current and Past Nannies!
Former Teacher 09:52 AM 12-03-2011
Most likely I will be leaving my current family effective July. We should have known in October whether they will be transferred (military) but no word yet.

My question is: Should I have a contract with my new family? I want to be treated with any family the way I am treated with my current one. Here would be my requests:

Vacations: I would ask to be paid for 1 week on my behalf. Any and all vacations the family takes would also be paid.

Sick time: I would not ask to be paid if I was sick. However if the child(ren) were sick then I would ask to be paid.

Holidays: I would ask for all major holidays to be time off with pay

Overtime: I would ask that if the family requires care past my normal working times, (IE date night) to be paid extra.

I receive all this and then some from my current family and there is no contract. My fear is that I won't be offered any of this.

I have seen nanny contracts however they are from family to the nanny. Any help would be appreciated!
momofboys 11:33 AM 12-03-2011
You definitely need a contract to protect your interests (& theirs in some cases!). I am nannying for a family & don;t have one but one job I turned down the mom & I made one up & we included all sorts of scenarios. It is to your advantage & theirs as you will have everything spelled out. I am fairly certain I am going to be "let go" by my family for reasons unknown (despite the fact that they praise my work a lot!) & we don't have a contract. I am concerned they will let me go with little notice. Look on Care.com or google Nanny contract - I found several online with a simple search.
Christian Mother 01:29 PM 12-03-2011
I put no because when I was 16 yrs old as a nanny I didn't have one. I thought of what I was doing more as babysitting...I was young though and it felt the same just more responsibilities. I do believe though that if I decided to nanny later in life I would def. have one between the parents and my self.
Michael 05:35 PM 12-03-2011
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...nanny+contract
Tags:nanny, nanny contract, poll
Reply Up