Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Submitted My Application Now Waiting....
CityGarden 04:42 PM 10-27-2016
Hi All ~

I am super excited!!! It took longer than expected (due to an unexpected move) but I finally submitted the application for my license.

They said it can take up to 90 days.... which is longer than I desire (or my budget can easily support) but I am excited.

Do (CA) providers find it takes that long from the time you apply to opening?

Do I have to wait for the home inspection to do the background fingerprinting?

While I wait.....

I am working on my website and I am also preparing my child care / preschool space.

Can I start marketing for pre-enrollment in advance of having my license number? I figure I can being that CA allows you to watch one child without being licensed but then they also say all marketing requires you to have your license number on it.
sharlan 04:59 PM 10-27-2016
You will get your number right away. You can start advertising as soon as you get your number.

You can provide care to one family.
CityGarden 05:22 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
You will get your number right away. You can start advertising as soon as you get your number.

You can provide care to one family.
Thanks for the quick response I am excited!

I assumed you get the number after the home inspection... do you get it before that?

If so that would be great so I can also work on my background clearance AND advertising.
daycare 06:46 AM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Thanks for the quick response I am excited!

I assumed you get the number after the home inspection... do you get it before that?

If so that would be great so I can also work on my background clearance AND advertising.
Depending on your county will determine how long it will take.
Mine was fast.

If you pass the initial inspection you will get your license on the spot and can start advertising that day, taking kids the next.

Don't stress about your initial inspection. I found them to be very helpful. If you have anything out of compliance they will ask you to fix it, which can delay you getting your license. I bought the wrong fire extinguisher. They let me go buy on and scan the receipt over. She called me an hour later with approval.

Congrats and good luck.
Tags:california, california member, new business, newbie
Reply Up