Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NO SHOW Still Wants Me to Watch Her Baby
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:56 PM 07-28-2011
Last sunday I had an interview set up for 11- 11:30 am. I was still on my Holidays btw!

I called her the night before to confirm, got her voice mail and left her a message to remind her about our interview.

So I kicked my hubby and kids out, and sat and waited.

NO SHOW and NO PHONE CALL.

11:45 I call hubby and tell him to come home, she didnt show. Now he is

She called me at 6:30 that evening and left a message saying she just got my message, she is in the middle of moving to her new house and she would like to reschedual.

I did not return her message. Like you all say, no show, no pay ect.. ect...!

She called my house and my cell 4 times yesterday and when I answered, she appologized profusley, said she doesnt want an interveiw, she trusts me, (one of my dcb mom recommended me), and will come by to pay me half a month deposit on Saturday to hold a spot for October.

What do you all think?
Cat Herder 01:00 PM 07-28-2011
I suspect you already know what I think ......
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:02 PM 07-28-2011
I suppose I do !!!
wdmmom 01:04 PM 07-28-2011
It's not a matter of her trusting you! It's a matter of interviewing her, going through the necessary motions, thinking it over and debating whether SHE is a good fit for the program! She could have Satan's spawn and you are considering taking a deposit?! That's asking for trouble!

The way I see it...oh well. She contacted you for the interview. She set it up. She didn't show up. Her loss....
daycare 01:05 PM 07-28-2011
ok so heres my thought on this one.... I would ask the person who recommeded you. Tell her hey your friend did not show up for her interveiw the other day is that like her to do something like this?

Moving into a new home is stressful and the mom may have just had way too much on her plate and bit off more than she could chew....
I would give her a second chance........

HOwever, If you have other people interested in that spot, I would move on, otherwise give her another chance.
nannyde 01:12 PM 07-28-2011
That implies they are just not doing their interview of you. What about your interview of them?
laundrymom 01:12 PM 07-28-2011
I wuld tell her that it wasn't your interview, it was hers. And she didn't do well but you would be willing to set up another time but you have interviewed several families for the spot since her no show and you will pick the family eho fits in the best. Then interview her and watch her closely and go with your gut.
Auntie 01:13 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I suspect you already know what I think ......

Well I understand moving is stressful and one could forget about an appt it does happen.

Since it was word of mouth I would reschual the interview.

I would make it clear to her that after the interview you will be contacting her to let her know if this will be a good fit for your program you do have other interviews. And to watch her email as you do all follow ups via email. (It is easier that way if you lack a back bone then you don't have to hear their voices, LOL.)
CheekyChick 01:15 PM 07-28-2011
I would ask your friend very pointed questions about her friend's dependability, etc. Everyone (in my opinion) is entitled to one boo boo.
Mom_of_two 02:17 PM 07-28-2011
I have had a no call no show once. I WISH she would have called back-lol. I tried to call her.

I would take the call and let someone know I don't reschedule if a family fails to show for the first interview with no notice. My policy. HUGE red flag. In all my experiences regardless of what has been going on I have not NCNS'd to anything. People can call, if that is one of their values, imo.
cheerfuldom 05:34 PM 07-28-2011
I would reschedule. I would NOT take the opinion of a DCM as a referral for someone else and would never enroll a family without a thorough interview. If you don't interview, she will have the ready excuse that she did not know about certain policies or did not understand them. Lastly, anybody who is willing to drop their child off with a stranger in a strange house is not a family I want to work with. In that scenario, we have very different values and I know it would not be a good fit.
afmama 07:30 PM 07-28-2011
I'm new and pretty flexible on things. But no-show is probably my only automatic DONE sign Especially since I only do drop-ins. I save spots based on the trust that you will come and pay at drop off. If they can't even make the interview.....eeeek!
PitterPatter 08:56 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Last sunday I had an interview set up for 11- 11:30 am. I was still on my Holidays btw!

I called her the night before to confirm, got her voice mail and left her a message to remind her about our interview.

So I kicked my hubby and kids out, and sat and waited.

NO SHOW and NO PHONE CALL.

11:45 I call hubby and tell him to come home, she didnt show. Now he is

She called me at 6:30 that evening and left a message saying she just got my message, she is in the middle of moving to her new house and she would like to reschedual.

I did not return her message. Like you all say, no show, no pay ect.. ect...!

She called my house and my cell 4 times yesterday and when I answered, she appologized profusley, said she doesnt want an interveiw, she trusts me, (one of my dcb mom recommended me), and will come by to pay me half a month deposit on Saturday to hold a spot for October.

What do you all think?
She doesn't need an interview because she trusts u??? Well what about u trusting her? Maybe YOU want to interview HER am I right? Maybe YOU can't trust her, obviously off to a bad start in that direction already. Sorry I'm just scorned when it comes to clients being rude and assuming they are in charge or hiring us. I would wonder why she is in such a hurry to get her foot in the door without a proper meeting/interview. I would never take a child in without meeting them 1st.
Tags:no show
Reply Up