Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Worked! We Are Napping!!! Woohoo!
momma4many 06:20 AM 06-08-2011
Just wanted to update those of you who read my previous CIO post.

We are napping! I did what everyone suggested and just let her cry. Well...I cannot believe it, but she is napping twice a day now! Once in the morning for about 1.5 hrs and in the afternoon for around 2 hours. I swear she sleeps more every day. She is a completely different kid, so much happier now. Thanks everyone for the support I will never again feel bad for letting a little one cry it out. She was miserable all day from not napping and is now my champion sleeper and smiles all the time!
laundrymom 06:25 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by momma4many:

We are napping! I did what everyone suggested and just let her cry. Well...I cannot believe it, but she is napping twice a day now! Once in the morning for about 1.5 hrs and in the afternoon for around 2 hours. I swear she sleeps more every day. She is a completely different kid, so much happier now. Thanks everyone for the support I will never again feel bad for letting a little one cry it out. She was miserable all day from not napping and is now my champion sleeper and smiles all the time!
Insert Like button here !!!!!
WImom 06:28 AM 06-08-2011
That's awesome!
SandeeAR 06:35 AM 06-08-2011
Glad to hear it!
cheerfuldom 06:55 AM 06-08-2011
great update! i know its so hard to hear a baby cry but its much better to do CIO for a few days and get napping under control then let them struggle through day after day exhausted. you did the right thing.
blueclouds29 08:52 AM 06-08-2011
I would not have many good days if I didn't let my two DCB CIO! I wouldn't get anything done and become warn out by 11 O'clock!
Good for you! Congrats!
SimpleMom 08:54 AM 06-08-2011
Good to hear
PeanutsGalore 11:10 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by momma4many:

Congratulations! I was so very against CIO for my own kid and even dcks, but it can work when nothing else does. It's so much healthier for them to actually sleep than run around tired all day. I'll never bash the CIO method again and plan on using it for my own kid next time around. Good for you for sticking it out!
momma4many 12:46 PM 06-08-2011
Thank you everyone!!
Tags:cio, cry it out, crying, napping
Reply Up