Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Finally Termed! Woo Hoo!
SunshineMama 11:35 AM 06-25-2014
Had a family for 3 years. Loved the kid (perfect kid), but the parents never paid on time, were always late, no call no shows, etc. They were one of my first families, before I had a backbone, so I let them get away with everything for so long, and never had the nerve to correct it since it lasted forever.

After 3 weeks of no payment, and a no call no show today, I text them that, effective immediately, I am ending care. It feels so good. I have since enforced all of my policies with everyone else, so I'm finally at a good point. Woo hoo!
AmyKidsCo 11:36 AM 06-25-2014
Congrats!!
SunshineMama 11:40 AM 06-25-2014
It feels so good. I'm officially no longer a doormat.
melilley 11:46 AM 06-25-2014
Yay!

I have a family who is always late on payments or checks bounce, or whatever their excuse is, but I embarrassingly let them get away with it without any repercussions. I just opened a year and a half ago and they were one the first families to come here. Finally after this last deal with the bounced check, I'm getting a backbone and next time it happens, my backbone will be in place!

You sure do learn a lot from the time you first open!
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 06-25-2014
Yah!!
Second Home 11:51 AM 06-25-2014

SunshineMama 12:30 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Yay!

I have a family who is always late on payments or checks bounce, or whatever their excuse is, but I embarrassingly let them get away with it without any repercussions. I just opened a year and a half ago and they were one the first families to come here. Finally after this last deal with the bounced check, I'm getting a backbone and next time it happens, my backbone will be in place!

You sure do learn a lot from the time you first open!
I am such a non confrontational person and it was hard to term them. It takes a lot to take me to that point. They should have been let go years ago.
daycare 12:59 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I am such a non confrontational person and it was hard to term them. It takes a lot to take me to that point. They should have been let go years ago.
I bet you it feels like the weight of the world lifted off of your shoulders.

I hope that you are able to replace them with a good family that follows all of your rules!!!
KiddieCahoots 01:21 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I hear ya! Take a look at the positive side.....hind sight is 20/20!
These families teach us what we will never accept in our business again!

Yay... to less stress ....
midaycare 05:29 PM 06-25-2014
Good for you!!! The force is strong with you, young Jedi.
KidGrind 05:52 PM 06-25-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Good for you!!! The force is strong with you, young Jedi.

Reply Up