Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's the Latest...
jenboo 02:13 PM 09-25-2019
You let kids nap?

My husband calls me the nap whisperer. I usually have to wake the kids up or they will keep sleeping.

How late would you let naptime go on a regular basis? Is 330 too late?

ETA all kids are under 24 months
Cat Herder 02:40 PM 09-25-2019
I turn on the lights at 3:00, if they are still asleep after 3:30, I let them sleep but take note of their temperature and respiration patterns (coughing, sniffling, wheezing, snoring, etc.). We are all in the same room, so they clearly need it if they can sleep through everyone else waking up and eating snack. By 4:00 I would try to rouse because they will need to eat something. Some just do afternoon snack, but others do dinner here.

Usually, I know why they are still asleep like extra outside time or water play, skipped morning nap or woke up at 3am.

All of mine are two and under right now, too.
springv 03:06 PM 09-25-2019
We do nap from 12-2 and during that time, we don't allow drop off but they can pick up at anytime.
jenboo 10:11 PM 09-25-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I turn on the lights at 3:00, if they are still asleep after 3:30, I let them sleep but take note of their temperature and respiration patterns (coughing, sniffling, wheezing, snoring, etc.). We are all in the same room, so they clearly need it if they can sleep through everyone else waking up and eating snack. By 4:00 I would try to rouse because they will need to eat something. Some just do afternoon snack, but others do dinner here.

Usually, I know why they are still asleep like extra outside time or water play, skipped morning nap or woke up at 3am.

All of mine are two and under right now, too.
This is good. Right now on my schedule I have nap listed as 1230-230 but no one is ever awake before 3. They will all sleep until 4 if I let them.
DaveA 03:54 AM 09-26-2019
My naptime is 1230-230. My bunch usually lays down well and is ready to get up around then. About the only time I let someone sleep longer than 230 is if they took a really long time to crash and I think they need another 30 min to get going.
Ac114 07:20 AM 09-26-2019
My naptime is from 1-3. Most of my kids sleep until 3:30. I only wake the children who are 2 and older up if they are still asleep by 4 and that’s usually the ones who are getting picked up anyways.
rosieteddy 08:03 AM 09-26-2019
I always shut music off and opened shades.Some would wake as soon as the music stopped.I started changing diapers or sending to bathroom.I would let most wake naturally but everyone awake by 3:30.
Ariana 10:51 AM 09-26-2019
My nap is anywhere from 12-1pm until 3pm depending on how the kids are doing. I can usually push it to 1pm later in the week when the kids seem more rested.

3pm is the latest I have ever gone for nap.
Annalee 11:27 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
You let kids nap?

My husband calls me the nap whisperer. I usually have to wake the kids up or they will keep sleeping.

How late would you let naptime go on a regular basis? Is 330 too late?

ETA all kids are under 24 months
Whether I allow kids to sleep longer or not depends on my mood for that particular day
jenboo 11:34 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Whether I allow kids to sleep longer or not depends on my mood for that particular day
So true
Tags:nap length, sleep time
Reply Up