Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kinda Laughing At Myself
Breezy 04:22 PM 03-14-2012
I was outside on the patio and bent over to pick up something on the ground to throw away.. my phone was resting in between my tank top and sports bra because I didn't have pockets and I accidently hit it with my hand. It went flying out and I tried to save it before it crashed onto the concrete BUT I just ended up hitting it (like a volleyball almost) and it flew right into the 5 gallon bucket of water we have for the dogs to drink from.

Yay me! Not. My husband is not going to think its very funny at all. Especially because I will need to go get a new one tonight because I can't be here tomorrow with no way for people to contact me. Or for me to contact people in an emergency.

I found a cheapish phone on craigslist ($50) but i need to check with my husband before going to get it. Its a blackberry- my phone was a droid X2- but I need something with a data plan because my account has an old grandfathered data plan on it and if I take it off by putting a cheapo phone on I will lose the plan.

Ahhhh wonderful
AmyLeigh 04:38 PM 03-14-2012

Soooo sounds like something I would do. I have a new phone because my old one fell out of my hoodie jacket pocket while I was washing my daughter's hair. Plop! Right into the tub! It was the third time I had dropped it in water, so there was no retrieving it.
Mommy2One 05:07 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
and it flew right into the 5 gallon bucket of water we have for the dogs to drink from.
Did you try taking the battery out and maybe taking the back out and letting it completely dry out? I've heard of phones coming back from the dead...

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone
Michael 05:55 PM 03-14-2012
Take it as an omen. Lose the cell.
daycare123 06:32 PM 03-14-2012
put it in some rice overnight to dry out with the battery out.
PitterPatter 06:39 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I was outside on the patio and bent over to pick up something on the ground to throw away.. my phone was resting in between my tank top and sports bra because I didn't have pockets and I accidently hit it with my hand. It went flying out and I tried to save it before it crashed onto the concrete BUT I just ended up hitting it (like a volleyball almost) and it flew right into the 5 gallon bucket of water we have for the dogs to drink from.

Yay me! Not. My husband is not going to think its very funny at all. Especially because I will need to go get a new one tonight because I can't be here tomorrow with no way for people to contact me. Or for me to contact people in an emergency.

I found a cheapish phone on craigslist ($50) but i need to check with my husband before going to get it. Its a blackberry- my phone was a droid X2- but I need something with a data plan because my account has an old grandfathered data plan on it and if I take it off by putting a cheapo phone on I will lose the plan.

Ahhhh wonderful
That's fate telling you that you need a landline

It's nice to see you can see the humor in this. I would be beating myself up and my phone isn't nearly as expensive as a droid! Great outlook, hope you find a nice phone.
Breezy 07:38 PM 03-14-2012
I bought an htc thunderbolt from craigslist. My husband said he wanted me to get one that im happy with not just a cheap one. my other is in rice though right now.
sharlan 07:50 PM 03-14-2012
Rice didn't work for my dd's last month.

She washed her DROID in the washer, got a new one the next day with insurance (Ascurion). Two days later, she washed her dd's DROID in the washer. She got her a new one the next day via ins. Four days later, her dh dropped his in his coffee cup while at work. YEP, a new one the next day via insurance. Two days after she got her's, the screen went out and they sent her another brand new one.
Heidi 07:51 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by Mommy2One:
Did you try taking the battery out and maybe taking the back out and letting it completely dry out? I've heard of phones coming back from the dead...

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone
When my dh and his buddy (Fred and Barney) went out ice-fishing on "early ice" on December 10th, he went through said "early ice" with his cell phone in his pocket into 16 feet of water. He took his cellphone apart, dried it out, and it recovered.

So did dh, although it was a bit traumatic, and it may be a few years before ice fishing feels relaxing...no matter how many ice-beers are consumed!
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 03-15-2012
DH has a waterproof, shock proof, freeze proof smart phone. TOTALLY worth the money since we spent so much time on the lake!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERIZON-Casi...57892886572236
Breezy 10:13 AM 03-15-2012
I used to work for verizon and I remember those phones love them!!
Tags:cell phones
Reply Up