Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>One Of Those Days
BentleysBands 03:45 AM 11-01-2010
today is gonna be a long one im expecting
dcg's bday party was saturday and she comes in this morning with a vtech princess laptop computer toy with 3 'cds' with it...she is already not sharing with it and whining when her brother gets near it...i did remind that if she can share we can keep it out..told dcp's that i am NOT responsible for breakage or loss of 'cds' and they said ok .... since its only her and brother here until 10a when the other 2 come in do you think i should just take away now? i'm just dreading the over the top drama she will do ..why do parents do this?!?!
nannyde 04:12 AM 11-01-2010
No toys from home.
daysofelijah 05:50 AM 11-01-2010
Put it away. Toys from home never work, too much strife.
marniewon 05:52 AM 11-01-2010
I agree. No matter how many times you tell parents that you are not responsible for broken/lost toys brought from home, and they are okay with that....wait until something does break! Especially a brand new (expensive) toy. I can guarantee they won't be so "okay" with it anymore. I wouldn't want to take any chances with that. So no toys brought from home here. I have plenty for the kids to play with here, there's no reason to bring any from home. To answer your question, yes, I would put it up until it's time to go home.
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 11-01-2010
My rule is; You may bring toys from home, but once the toy enters my house, it belongs to me. PERIOD. Makes them all think twice. I used to put the whole 'please no toys from home b/c it is tough for sharing and or breaking issues etc...blah blah blah...' no one listen so I changed it to letting them bring toys but making sure they understood that I will be keeping them. Seemed to nip it in the bud REALLY quick!
misol 08:50 AM 11-01-2010
This is why I don't allow toys from home. If the parent ignores the policy and lets the child bring toys anyway, I take it as soon as the parent leaves and it gets put away in the child's cubby until pickup.
sierrastreasures 04:42 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
No toys from home.
Ditto on this one!
melskids 02:41 AM 11-04-2010
i let everyone know upfront that i will not be responsible for toys from home. one mom was upset because "my son" told her son to throw a toy up in the air, and of course it broke. so if my son tells her kid to play out in the street and he does it, her son takes no responsibility for it? whatever. so you think she would get the hint not to bring stuff anymore. well, her son just brought another "special" toy and lost it in my sons room. she's been asking everyday if ive found it, and honestly, ive not even attempted to look yet. i have a hard enough time keeping MY stuff cleaned and organized. i'm not gonna spend hours looking for stuff thats not mine. (BTW, this boy is 8, and i feel he is old enough to take some responsibility for his belongings.)
tenderhearts 04:21 PM 11-04-2010
About 6 mo ago I added to my contract and sent out notices "No more toys from home". It was becoming such a pain in so many different ways. Not sharing, things started getting bigger an bigger more pieces just a stupid nightmare. SO instead we have "show & tell" every wednesday. They all got to decorate a little brown lunch bag. Every tuesday they take it home, they can only bring one or 2 small things, that MUST fit in the bag. The bag stays in their cubby until show and tell. IF they bring a toy they can keep it out after show & tell but they must share it when they are done with it, if they don't want anyone playing with it, it goes back in their cubby until pick up time. Then of course if they bring something other than a toy which I encourage that, it gets put away after. This has been so much better and such a relief. They are only to bring a "lovey" for nap time.
Tags:toys from home
Reply Up