Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding Fee
Unregistered 09:58 AM 09-28-2018
Hello,
I have an immediate opening and a family wants it but doesn’t need care for another 30 days. I explained since it’s available now they would need to pay a holding fee of 50% of my weekly rate plus an enrollment fee. The enrollment fee is non refundable but I’ve never had to ask for a holding fee before. What happens if during the 2 week trial run it doesn’t feel like a good fit and one of us terms. Do I refund the holding fee? Or is that fee generally non refundable also since I’d be losing out on a whole month of income due to their choice not to start until later?
Ariana 10:33 AM 09-28-2018
Holding fees are non refundable since it is paying to hold the space which has already occurred before enrollment.
Cat Herder 10:48 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Holding fees are non refundable since it is paying to hold the space which has already occurred before enrollment.
Agreed.

I charge full price since it is taking up a full slot.

I have one family who has been paying for a slot for over 6 months, now. Every now and then I feel guilty but then I remember they would not do it if it was not important to them that all of their kids grow up here, together. Slots for multiples and sibling sets are hard to come by.
littlefriends 04:23 PM 09-28-2018
I charge a full week’s rate for my holding fee and it’s non refundable
Tags:holding a space, holding a spot, holding fees, holding spot policy
Reply Up