Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Around The House Toys
blueclouds29 01:59 PM 03-30-2011
I have a couple of toys i put together that my kids find fun!

* A Clorox wipe tube--- you can put crayons through the hole. Fill the tube with crayons, markers etc.

* Formula cans-- I put a slit in the lid and have them drop different lids in it, also you it for art. I put paper in it and a marble or small ball in it with paint and have the kids roll or shake the can to make a cool art design!

Wipe containers-- used for a lot of things. I have them fill up the containers with just about anything that fits through the slot!

Any more ideas that you have done?
WImom 03:45 PM 03-30-2011
papertowel rolls and crepe paper - put strips at the end and they dance around with them.
PitterPatter 04:25 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
I have a couple of toys i put together that my kids find fun!

* A Clorox wipe tube--- you can put crayons through the hole. Fill the tube with crayons, markers etc.

* Formula cans-- I put a slit in the lid and have them drop different lids in it, also you it for art. I put paper in it and a marble or small ball in it with paint and have the kids roll or shake the can to make a cool art design!

Wipe containers-- used for a lot of things. I have them fill up the containers with just about anything that fits through the slot!

Any more ideas that you have done?
I recently bought gallons of water just for the container. When it's turned on it's side it looks like a pig. When we empty them I will have the kids paint them pink, pop some legs on with paper towel rolls, glue a couple big google eyes on, add a curled pipecleaner tail and cut a slit in the top for a piggy bank.

Not really creative but I use the Mayo wide mouth snap close lid to keep crayons and such in.
SilverSabre25 04:31 PM 03-30-2011
laundry baskets. There have been two in my living room, empty, for several days, and the kiddos have been using them as boats, caves, turtle shells, and I forget what else. For about 45 minutes one day, two of the kids played with nothing but the empty basket and their imaginations. It was wonderful to watch.
PitterPatter 04:56 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
laundry baskets. There have been two in my living room, empty, for several days, and the kiddos have been using them as boats, caves, turtle shells, and I forget what else. For about 45 minutes one day, two of the kids played with nothing but the empty basket and their imaginations. It was wonderful to watch.
Oh yeah my son used boxes and still does at 9 lol

Even small boxes he will squeeze into and use it as something. I love to hear all the things that come from childrens imaginations!
godiva83 05:08 PM 03-30-2011
I love the formula tin art idea! I can't wait to try that tomorrow!

I often use ziplock bags for no mess painting! I put sponges, balls or just paint in with a piece of paper and the kids go wild! So easy and NO MESS
Unregistered 09:26 AM 03-31-2011
I save the boxes from Capri Sun juice pouches. I dont use Capri Sun for daycare, but I buy them sometimes for my own kids. I use clear packing tape to tape the ends back shut.

The kids use the for building blocks. They love them! And they are virtually free! They build houses, towers, and they are very sturdy. They can be a pain to store, but I keep mine in a pop up hamper.
SilverSabre25 07:22 AM 04-01-2011
Here's one--old broken keyboards, mice, laptops. Cut the cords off the keyboards and mice if they're corded. They love to play with these "grown-up" things!
Tags:toys, toys - house
Reply Up