Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>How Do You File Your Receipts After You Have Recorded Them?
CrackerJacks 05:02 PM 01-21-2014
So, I've always recorded my receipts a certain way (lol, my way) since opening. Now I'm going to give mmk a try. Just a question, how do you file your receipts once you enter the info into mmk? Do you file the receipts based upon how you entered them into mmk? Or do you just throw all your receipts into a box? If you file them, what do you do if you have one receipt with multiple purposes (which is more often then not) like diapers (a direct expense) and cleaning supplies (a shared expense)? Looking to simplify my system...maybe
sharlan 05:46 PM 01-21-2014
I have a manilla envelope taped to my wall. After I record the receipt, I put it in the envelope. At the end of the year, I staple it closed and hope to never need it again.
grandmom 06:00 PM 01-21-2014
I have a similar process, but I use an envelope for each month. Then if I ever need a receipt I know what envelope to search. But I use the same envelope for personal and business receipts, hoping to never have to use them.
melilley 06:01 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by grandmom:
I have a similar process, but I use an envelope for each month. Then if I ever need a receipt I know what envelope to search. But I use the same envelope for personal and business receipts, hoping to never have to use them.

mountainside13 08:51 PM 01-21-2014
I use a expanding recipe/coupon folder. One for food and one for supplies with food. I highlight all the supplies and then categorize them by month. I just started using MMK this week and I love it so far!! Haven't figured it all out yet.
frugalmama4 08:35 AM 01-22-2014
As of now I use two poly enveloped folders one is blue "items needed to be inputted in mmk" the other is red "items ready to be filed".

As of now all ready to be filed receipts remain in the red folder, I will be getting a neat receipt scanner with my "tax refund" BTW did I mention I'm done with my taxes already....

Once I get the scanner I will keep the same system however once scanned into the neat scanner I will trash ALL receipts.

Good Luck!

Oh, also what helps is to always write on the top of the receipt what was purchased...rather its 100% or t/s% and to put a good description in mmk.
butterfly 08:38 AM 01-22-2014
I use two pocket folders. I have a folder for each month. I use one side of the folder for personal, and the other side for business. I also use a folder to hold all my receipts until I get them entered so that it's all in one spot and I don't end up loosing something.

There have been times where I've had to go back and find a receipt for some reason or another and it was nice to have it broke down by month so I didn't have to go through the whole year's worth of stuff.
CrackerJacks 09:00 AM 01-22-2014
This is how I think I will organize. Thanks. I think the way I was doing it prior was making it too mug work for me. I would look at the receipt, if it had diapers(100%) and pp products (shared) I would make 2 photo copies and file one copy highlighted into a diaper file and the other highlighted into a pp product file.. I was soo time consuming....

UOTE=butterfly;427187]I use two pocket folders. I have a folder for each month. I use one side of the folder for personal, and the other side for business. I also use a folder to hold all my receipts until I get them entered so that it's all in one spot and I don't end up loosing something.

There have been times where I've had to go back and find a receipt for some reason or another and it was nice to have it broke down by month so I didn't have to go through the whole year's worth of stuff.[/quote]
Tags:receipts
Reply Up