Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Term...or not
KDC 02:07 PM 08-08-2012
I have a DCB that I've been struggling with since the age of 8 weeks old (currently 6 months old). My question is, based on your experience, should I term.

Currently Mon & Fri's only. Full day from 8-5:30

Issues...
- SCHEDULE - No schedule at all - none
- SLEEP - They want him rocked to sleep, no self soothing skills have begun (at this age, he's easily distracted and has been taking VERY short naps. Can't get the drop from arms into pnp without screaming. Other DCK's wake him up easy.
- FUSSY - Is probably crying or fussing 75% of his days here.
- FEEDING - No schedule (not even rhythmic, sleep, eat, activity or Activity, Eat, Sleep)... just 'whenever'... sometimes they bring cereal and say just try it, 'whenever'. He was on bottle strike for 3.5 months, just now taking breast milk out of sippy cup, which HE has to control.

I really think it's the constant screaming with no soothing other than carrying him around everywhere, with 5 or 6 other toddlers running around, he's just to big to carry. Also, much of the time I'm right next to him, playing with him and he still screams.

They've asked for me to take on Wednesday's too - and a bunch of my teacher kids are coming back... so at first I'm like Noooooooo... but maybe if I had him longer I could get him on a schedule? Do it my way?

It's $100/week so $400/month for the 2 days a week. It's opposite my PT kids that come Tuesday, Thursday. So what do I do... he's driving me NUTS and I tell the parents, and they're sympathetic and put a look on their face, but admitted they've had issues.

Thoughts?
sharlan 02:23 PM 08-08-2012
For me personally, I find part-time infants too hard to deal with. There is no way that you can get him on a schedule. I would term.
JenNJ 02:32 PM 08-08-2012
I would do a sit down first. Give parents the schedule and tell them to get on your schedule to help him adjust. Give them 2 weeks. If not, then give notice.
cheerfuldom 05:53 PM 08-08-2012
no part time infants here either. 3 days a week is not enough and the parents would need a HUGE overall and some time to get this under control and that is if they even were willing to commit to working together. i think that he needs to go.
DaisyMamma 06:16 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I would do a sit down first. Give parents the schedule and tell them to get on your schedule to help him adjust. Give them 2 weeks. If not, then give notice.
Sounds good. tell them what's going on and what you want changed. I would never rock a baby to sleep every day! How do you have time for that?
DaisyMamma 06:30 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Sounds good. tell them what's going on and what you want changed. I would never rock a baby to sleep every day! How do you have time for that?
Reply Up