Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tiffed! Angry! Relieved?!
lflick 05:56 PM 10-15-2013
Long story short.... I have had a DCK for 2 months.... his spot was held from a personal friend referral, for like 6 months.... today DCM tells me next week is his last week as she doesnt want to be driving in the snow when it finally comes.... I am not sure how to feel about this... last week DCK was sent home twice (of 3 days) due to diarrhea.... mom was not very happy...... anyways... DCK is a very unhappy.... miserable... screamer.... I do my contracts 6 months out for initial kids and then when its renewed I do it for 1 year..... I am actually kinda upset as the spot was held for so long and now I have to fill it again... but relieved at the same time! WTH? Any of you ever feel this way?
EchoMom 06:02 PM 10-15-2013
I had a dcm that was on my waiting list for nine whole months. When I finally had a spot to give her I held the spot for 2.5 months for only a deposit. The baby attended less than two weeks and then they suddenly switcHed to a family member who could now watch baby for free.

I was ticked but they did forfeit their deposit week and didn't try to get any money back. Also I was opening at 7:15 for them when no one else comes until almost 8. And I filled it with someone else so it was ok but still ticked.
littlemissmuffet 08:53 PM 10-15-2013
I don't hold spaces for free. I charge full price to hold anything over a month (half price for first month). When someone is paying for something they tend not to be so wishy washy.

Take it as a learning experience and be grateful you don't have to hear the endless screaming anymore
blandino 08:59 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I don't hold spaces for free. I charge full price to hold anything over a month (half price for first month). When someone is paying for something they tend not to be so wishy washy.
I used to hold spots. Now I hold for up to two weeks, with a one week deposit & enrollment fee. So many people think nothing of leaving you high and dry.

Once we held a spot for months, and the DCB came for a month and mom said Grandma missed him and wanted to keep him. It didn't even phase them.
Shell 06:42 AM 10-16-2013
I would be annoyed, too. It's probably a blessing in disguise though!
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
Long story short.... I have had a DCK for 2 months.... his spot was held from a personal friend referral, for like 6 months.... today DCM tells me next week is his last week as she doesnt want to be driving in the snow when it finally comes.... I am not sure how to feel about this... last week DCK was sent home twice (of 3 days) due to diarrhea.... mom was not very happy...... anyways... DCK is a very unhappy.... miserable... screamer.... I do my contracts 6 months out for initial kids and then when its renewed I do it for 1 year..... I am actually kinda upset as the spot was held for so long and now I have to fill it again... but relieved at the same time! WTH? Any of you ever feel this way?
Sorry this happened to you.

I agree, it definitely sounds like a blessing in disguise.
Tags:holding spot
Reply Up