Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Advice For Student Working In Toddler Room?
Unregistered 09:35 PM 01-31-2018
I just started on my Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, and I got a work placement position in a childcare center. The manager put me in the toddler room, and the job will start tomorrow.

I've never had any experience in working in a toddler room. I wonder what could they ask a student to do there? Cleaning? Playing with kids?

As a student, is there anything I should've known in the first place? From the workplace booklet, I know that what I'm not allowed to, such as serving food or administering medication to kids. I just wonder if there is any tips for beginner. This is kind of my first job...I don't want to mess it up.
Michael 10:37 PM 01-31-2018
Here is a thread on toddler activities: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69514
DaveA 03:27 AM 02-01-2018
It will probably be a mix of observation and interacting with the children, especially to start out. I would ask questions, listen, and help out. Volunteering to clean a table or help put away supplies goes a long way to making everyone's day go easy.

Good Luck and enjoy!
Cat Herder 03:30 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
It will probably be a mix of observation and interacting with the children, especially to start out. I would ask questions, listen, and help out. Volunteering to clean a table or help put away supplies goes a long way to making everyone's day go easy.

Good Luck and enjoy!
Everything he said. Reviewing the milestones in the age group you will be working with beforehand will be helpful, too. Good luck, have fun!
Tags:toddler activities
Reply Up