Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Winter snow
mac60 09:42 AM 01-07-2010
Finally, our snow is here. They are calling for 4 to 6 inces by the time it passes thru our area. Tomorrow will probably be a no school day. Yea.
momofboys 09:53 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
Finally, our snow is here. They are calling for 4 to 6 inces by the time it passes thru our area. Tomorrow will probably be a no school day. Yea.
Us too! It started snowing around 9:30 this morning. We're supposed to also get 4-6 inches. Maybe a snow day tomorrow which would be nice BUT would mean I would have 3 extra kids here (so 5 total tomorrow). Not too bad but I need to think of some fun indoor activites to help them keep entertained!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:54 AM 01-07-2010
we have about 5 already in central Indiana. but its big fluffy snow,.. Ive broomed instead of shoveled. lol. it is so pretty right now
mac60 10:02 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
Us too! It started snowing around 9:30 this morning. We're supposed to also get 4-6 inches. Maybe a snow day tomorrow which would be nice BUT would mean I would have 3 extra kids here (so 5 total tomorrow). Not too bad but I need to think of some fun indoor activites to help them keep entertained!
Ours started about 9:30 too, where are you located?
kitkat 11:00 AM 01-07-2010
We're in the 3-5 inch range. It's been snowing here since 5:30am. The rural schools are closing early due to slippery roads. DCMom called and told me (she works for one of the districts closing early). She actually asked if the kids should get picked up early or if they can get picked up at normal time. Are you kidding me?!?!? Pick them up early so you don't have to drive in the crappy weather later and I don't have to pack them up to get ds from school! She even made a comment about how she could have used a few hours to herself Don't you think I could also? Must be nice to have me take care of your kids so you can have some personal time. Dad came to pick them up. Sorry for the vent!

Personally I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but I highly doubt we'll get one. Maybe a late start, but our district is kind of stingy on that. I'm just happy that the temps/wind chill haven't drastically dropped yet. Everyone stay warm!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:22 AM 01-07-2010
Im with you on the pick them up early if your off work Kitkat. We live in the big district that the other schools use our programs for the special education programs, vocational programs,.. etc,.. if we are closed,... EVERYONE is shut down. My kids never get snow days.

I had an out of town mom call a bit ago and say,.. are the roads bad there???? well gee,.... they look bad from the playroom window! why dont you go ahead and come on home. lol.
mac60 11:23 AM 01-07-2010
Other than the schools closing here, no other business ever close, we have to have 8-10 inches of snow for that to happen.
momma2girls 12:25 PM 01-07-2010
We are having quite a bit of snow, now blowing alot today. Schools were delayed this am, and now some cancelled early. When we have blizzards there are many daycares that close all together, right along with the schools. Good old Iowa winters!!!!
momofboys 12:58 PM 01-07-2010
Ours started about 9:30 too, where are you located?
I'm in western Central Ohio, west of Cols.
momofboys 01:03 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by kitkat:
We're in the 3-5 inch range. It's been snowing here since 5:30am. The rural schools are closing early due to slippery roads. DCMom called and told me (she works for one of the districts closing early). She actually asked if the kids should get picked up early or if they can get picked up at normal time. Are you kidding me?!?!? Pick them up early so you don't have to drive in the crappy weather later and I don't have to pack them up to get ds from school! She even made a comment about how she could have used a few hours to herself Don't you think I could also? Must be nice to have me take care of your kids so you can have some personal time. Dad came to pick them up. Sorry for the vent!

Personally I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but I highly doubt we'll get one. Maybe a late start, but our district is kind of stingy on that. I'm just happy that the temps/wind chill haven't drastically dropped yet. Everyone stay warm!

Wow!!!!!!!!! I would be a little upset too. I am hoping my kids don't have school too. The kids I care for's mom teaches so she better not pull that on me if she has off.
mac60 01:16 PM 01-07-2010
I'm in western Central Ohio, west of Cols.
I am in NW Ohio, I have never heard of Cols.
momofboys 01:17 PM 01-07-2010
I'm worried that b/c of the bad weather my parent will be very late. As it is she is barely on time or a few minutes late most days. I would think she would plan ahead & realize since the weather stinks she needs to leave on time. She typically leaves late, either that or she runs errands after work b/c she gets off at 4:00 but has a hard time arriving by 5:00 even though her work is only 20 min away. Keeping my fingers crossed that she left on time.
momofboys 01:19 PM 01-07-2010
I am in NW Ohio, I have never heard of Cols.
It's an abbreviation for Columbus! :-) It's pretty commonly used down here. :-)
momofboys 01:23 PM 01-07-2010
I'm worried that b/c of the bad weather my parent will be very late. As it is she is barely on time or a few minutes late most days. I would think she would plan ahead & realize since the weather stinks she needs to leave on time. She typically leaves late, either that or she runs errands after work b/c she gets off at 4:00 but has a hard time arriving by 5:00 even though her work is only 20 min away. Keeping my fingers crossed that she left on time.
The mom just called me, wow, the road stinks! Big surprise! Why can't people plan ahead??!?!?!?! She will likely be late.
mac60 01:32 PM 01-07-2010
It's an abbreviation for Columbus! :-) It's pretty commonly used down here. :-)
OH MY! My son is living down there. He lives near Ohio State, but goes to Columbus State Community College. He lives near High Street. It is crazy there, well compared to here. So how much snow did you get. I texted him earlier today and told him to drive SMART, he has already did one stupid thing while down there and backed into a big truck and busted out his back window. He was hoping to get into the RN Program at CSCC, but that college seems to be very unorganized, and I am hoping he returns home and chooses another college.
originalkat 02:02 PM 01-07-2010
It is actually sunny out here in southeastern Kansas. Snow on the ground for the past several days. But nothing bad. It just so happens that tomorrow I will only have 1 kid here and my husband has the day off. NICE FRIDAY!!
momofboys 03:17 PM 01-07-2010
OH MY! My son is living down there. He lives near Ohio State, but goes to Columbus State Community College. He lives near High Street. It is crazy there, well compared to here. So how much snow did you get. I texted him earlier today and told him to drive SMART, he has already did one stupid thing while down there and backed into a big truck and busted out his back window. He was hoping to get into the RN Program at CSCC, but that college seems to be very unorganized, and I am hoping he returns home and chooses another college.

That's a crazy-busy area! I used to work about 2-3 blocks from Columbus State College many years ago so I'm quite familiar with that area. I had some friends go to Northwest State Community College in Archbold which probably isn't too far from you. Of course I know there are likely others closer to you in Toledo that would be closer to home.
mac60 05:17 PM 01-07-2010
That's a crazy-busy area! I used to work about 2-3 blocks from Columbus State College many years ago so I'm quite familiar with that area. I had some friends go to Northwest State Community College in Archbold which probably isn't too far from you. Of course I know there are likely others closer to you in Toledo that would be closer to home.
Actually I DO go to Northwest State Community College working towards my Associates in Legal Support. My daughter goes there too. Austin went there his first year of college. Small world.
momofboys 05:27 PM 01-07-2010
Actually I DO go to Northwest State Community College working towards my Associates in Legal Support. My daughter goes there too. Austin went there his first year of college. Small world.
Too funny! I grew up in the Wauseon area (between Wauseon & Napoleon) so I although I went to college far away (in Canton) I took some of my classes at NSCC towards my Bachelor's. Nice college! :-)
Tags:snow, winter
Reply Up