Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Visiting Children?

I just have a quick question about children who visit during daycare hours. My son has started making more friends outside of school and would like to have them visit more often through the summer. I already assume I am still required to stay within my limit of 6 children but what about the medical forms and such that is required to have on each child. Like the shot records, permission to treat and transport etc. Can my sons friends visit without these forms since they aren't actually enrolled? In the past I have assumed so but a friend just mentioned they too should be required in case of accident so, I just wanted to check and be sure I am going by the book. Of course I will contact my own center but wanted to see how it is everywhere else.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitterPatter View Post
I just have a quick question about children who visit during daycare hours. My son has started making more friends outside of school and would like to have them visit more often through the summer. I already assume I am still required to stay within my limit of 6 children but what about the medical forms and such that is required to have on each child. Like the shot records, permission to treat and transport etc. Can my sons friends visit without these forms since they aren't actually enrolled? In the past I have assumed so but a friend just mentioned they too should be required in case of accident so, I just wanted to check and be sure I am going by the book. Of course I will contact my own center but wanted to see how it is everywhere else.
Even though they are apart of my capacity, I don't assume them as part of my responsibility just as I don't expect thier parents to assume it when my kids visit their house. I consider it just that a VISIT. I am not offering services to them of any kind. However, my kids are 13 and 15
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Even though they are apart of my capacity, I don't assume them as part of my responsibility just as I don't expect thier parents to assume it when my kids visit their house. I consider it just that a VISIT. I am not offering services to them of any kind. However, my kids are 13 and 15
Teens I would think of differently probably like u do. My son in only 9 tho and the visiting children 8-10. I would expect another parent to take care of my child and be responisible for him if he were visiting as well me be responsible for their child. It is this reason I dont yet trust my child to visit anyone unless I am close by (next door being the current situation when visiting Grandma). I have watched parents leave children and visiting friends alone in the house and go shopping so this is another worry I have. Again the age group is elementary aged children 10 or so. I would never do that but just want to make sure I cover all other bases before allowing his friends to visit for the day.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

I usually have the consent to treat form only because if the kids get hurt and I can't get a hold of their parents, I want to be able to take them to the hospital.

Teenagers!!!!
lol they need MORE supervision than the 8 year olds!
I never let them walk to the store alone,(13-15) my hubby always goes with them, 16-18 of course they walk together as a group but they come back saying it feels like someone is following us
same as dropping the off at home, we wait to make sure they get in the house.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 AM

I was told years ago, that as long as they were free to come and go, that they didnot count. Example, neighbor kids who came to play in my yard.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Nature Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I usually have the consent to treat form only because if the kids get hurt and I can't get a hold of their parents, I want to be able to take them to the hospital.

Teenagers!!!!
I never let them walk to the store alone,(13-15) my hubby always goes with them, 16-18 of course they walk together as a group but they come back saying it feels like someone is following us
Michelle-Would you mind posting on my thread "What is there to do for teenage boys in the summer" or something like that. I can't exactly remember what I called it but I would love to here some things your boys do in the summer. Mine is that age and climbing the walls with boredom.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Family Childcare Home

I think it depends on your regulations because im in CA and I was told from licensing that even though my child's friends, or even my nephews for that matter, weren't a part of my program my home was now a business during DC hours and so any children under the age of 10 fell under the state family daycare regulations if they were "on my property". My nephews all have forms filled out and are kept along with the DC kids paperwork just in case licensing ever came by and they were visiting.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I think it depends on your regulations because im in CA and I was told from licensing that even though my child's friends, or even my nephews for that matter, weren't a part of my program my home was now a business during DC hours and so any children under the age of 10 fell under the state family daycare regulations if they were "on my property". My nephews all have forms filled out and are kept along with the DC kids paperwork just in case licensing ever came by and they were visiting EVEN.
Same here. Unless the child is 11 years old or older.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Utah went round and round on this reg. The way it stands right now, is that any number of neighborhood kids can come over and play with the providers kids and do not count in the enrolled numbers. HOWEVER if licensing show up...all NON-enrolled kids must be ushered out the door immediately and live near enough to walk home on their own unaided. If they are too young to do that, or require a ride to get home, then they are counted in the numbers.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post

Teenagers!!!!
I agree.... someone asked me If I was going to keep doing DC after my little guy started kinder.... Heck yes are you nuts.... there is NO way in the world that i would let my teenagers come home to an empty house. they need way more supervision than littles............lol

BTW I do follow my kids If i think that something sounds fishy...........and so far mama has always been right............... lucky for me it has only happened twice and it was really silly stuff, but I was still being lied to... So mama followed her gut and lets just say my kids hopefully wont try that again...
Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I think it depends on your regulations because im in CA and I was told from licensing that even though my child's friends, or even my nephews for that matter, weren't a part of my program my home was now a business during DC hours and so any children under the age of 10 fell under the state family daycare regulations if they were "on my property". My nephews all have forms filled out and are kept along with the DC kids paperwork just in case licensing ever came by and they were visiting.
I would double check with LIC but I believe that children still count towards your LIC up to the age of 13 if they are not your child. they only count your own children up to age 10. Over the age of 10 they don't count towards your LIC but it has to be your child. ( I am also in CA)

However, I was also told that if the child is NOT participating with the DCk (not around them)and you are NOT getting paid, then they would not really consider this child over 10 yrs old towards your capacity.

Tags
friends, friends/neighbors/relatives kids - risk, kids friends, visitation