Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stupid Me
momofthree 09:28 AM 02-18-2011
I had two spots open and decided to fill it with two cousins boy 15 month girl 9 month. They both live in the same house. Today is there first day full-time. OMG they crying all the time. They usually rock for nap - oh well I can't nap both for sure. So this is where I am now. Slept only for half hour.

Never been in care before.

Help help how can I get them adjusted without holding them in my arms.

How can I get them to adjust. They won't eat or take a bottle or a sippy cup

How long to gave them.

Sorry I have more to say but they are crying right now

have to go
momofsix 10:51 AM 02-18-2011
Sorry you're having a rough day...sending hugs. Getting two new little ones at once will be hard for all three of you! At least they are familiar with eachother, maybe that will help.

First thing I would do is tell the parents that for them to adjust to daycare they can not be rocked to sleep anymore. They need to work on this at home, actually they already should have- how do they expect you to rock them both to sleep when you have other kids too??? I would explain that you just can't rock every child to sleep...you'd be rocking all afternoon How could you do anything else? And they need to learn to fall sleep on their own anyhow.

Since today is their first day, I would expect them to have trouble, especially if they've never been in daycare before. Do you have a 2 week trial period? That's how long I would give it, they should be able to adjust to you and your routines by then if they are full-time. They might need a little extra loving for a few days, but I would gradually try to get them playing/eating/keeping themselves happy a little more each day with out the "extra" hugs.

Remember, today is their first day- they don't know you, the surroundings, the routines...it's all very unfamiliar to them and maybe a little scary (not YOU, just the unfamiliarity of it all ) Give them time and love and it will be ok!
Tags:children - relatives, provider children, spots
Reply Up