Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Uncouth Neighbors
KidGrind 10:13 AM 11-17-2013
I live in a community where a certain clique of women have their noses reaching for the clouds.

When eye contact is made and I give a cordial greeting, they use to ignore me or look away. I have a 3 strike rule. I speak to you 3 times, if I do not get a cordial response I don’t waste my breath anymore. I know some people may be in their own world; having a bad day; didn’t hear me, etc.

For months these woman have been rude to me. I noticed it. I moved on. Their rudeness didn’t alter the quality of my life.

Due to the daycare sign in my yard, now they know my name and speak to me multiple times a day and even ask me how I am doing. Usually after demonstrating their sincere concern of my well being they inquire about hourly childcare services.

I am perplexed how individuals go from not even wanting to say hi to a neighbor to wanting the same neighbor to take care of their children.

I guess the question that is playing in my head is:

If a person isn’t deemed good enough to even speak to or acknowledge, how are they good enough to take care of your children?
JoseyJo 11:27 AM 11-17-2013
I get you! Some of our families act like we are the help when they see us out in public. Something I have notice though is that this isn't necessarily the ones with the most money. It does seem to be a good indicator on how well they will follow our policies- if they feel we are their employees they try to make all the rules!
MarinaVanessa 12:03 PM 11-17-2013
Maybe before they knew you and what you did they had a "they are too beneath me to be friends" mentality but because they now know that you do childcare and a relationship with you may be to their benefit they may now want to be cordial. They didn't know you had something to offer before KWIM. Just one guess.
KidGrind 12:53 PM 11-17-2013
I get both of you.

They had their reasons for not wanting to say, “Hello” to their neighbor. It’s 100% their choice and business.

As a parent, a person that I wouldn’t make the effort to say “Hello” definitely wouldn’t be a person I’d turn to hoping they would care for my child. KWIM?

I get I can serve a purpose for them now. I refuse to accommodate their requests.
Cat Herder 01:59 PM 11-17-2013
Maybe you went from "the vixen next door who is home all day and a threat for my husbands attention while I am at work" to "the little old lady who lived in a shoe" in their eyes.

Nothing is meaner than an insecure woman.
KidGrind 02:03 PM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Maybe you went from "the vixen next door who is home all day and a threat for my husbands attention while I am at work" to "the little old lady who lived in a shoe" in their eyes.
You just made me choke on my chai tea latte. Thank you. Are you basically suggesting I went from Beyonce to Octomom?

Somedays I don’t want my own husband. I sure in the !@#$ don’t want theirs.
Cat Herder 02:18 PM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
You just made me choke on my chai tea latte. Thank you. Are you basically suggesting I went from Beyonce to Octomom?

Like they say "%!#$@" be crazy!!"
KidGrind 02:24 PM 11-17-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Like they say "%!#$@" be crazy!!"
I canNOT fool with you anymore. I am crying laughing.
sleepinghart 03:46 PM 11-17-2013
I live in a community where a certain clique of women have their noses reaching for the clouds.

When eye contact is made and I give a cordial greeting, they use to ignore me or look away. I have a 3 strike rule. I speak to you 3 times, if I do not get a cordial response I don’t waste my breath anymore. I know some people may be in their own world; having a bad day; didn’t hear me, etc.

For months these woman have been rude to me. I noticed it. I moved on. Their rudeness didn’t alter the quality of my life.

Due to the daycare sign in my yard, now they know my name and speak to me multiple times a day and even ask me how I am doing. Usually after demonstrating their sincere concern of my well being they inquire about hourly childcare services.

I am perplexed how individuals go from not even wanting to say hi to a neighbor to wanting the same neighbor to take care of their children.

I guess the question that is playing in my head is:

If a person isn’t deemed good enough to even speak to or acknowledge, how are they good enough to take care of your children?
(Bolded)
~I agree100%!

~I think I would want to see their behavior and interactions around other people for awhile, and also to get close enough(not too close at all- but just "close enough")to get a "feel" or a "vibe" from them overall before I made a final decision. I mean, I know you already got an initial vibe from them and it was not good, but I would want to get one while they were acknowledging and chit-chatting with me. ..But that's just me & me only. ~I do agree with what cat herder said might be the problem as that seems to happen way more than people like us, who don't even want our own, can fathom.
Heidi 03:50 PM 11-17-2013

itlw8 07:44 PM 11-17-2013
When I was involved in Cub Scouts I used to tell a story to the parents.

Who here would loan me $50 and no one raises their hand..... Oh I understand no one will trust me with their money. Then I would say. I am going to take a group of the Cub Scouts on an outing who will let their sone go along... many if not all the hands go up...... then you say No one here would trust me with their money yet your most precious thing... your child you would ... Then talk about how important it was to get involved to know the leaders and other people involved.
MotherNature 05:02 AM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
When I was involved in Cub Scouts I used to tell a story to the parents.

Who here would loan me $50 and no one raises their hand..... Oh I understand no one will trust me with their money. Then I would say. I am going to take a group of the Cub Scouts on an outing who will let their sone go along... many if not all the hands go up...... then you say No one here would trust me with their money yet your most precious thing... your child you would ... Then talk about how important it was to get involved to know the leaders and other people involved.
good point!
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 11-18-2013
As soon as they figured out you could do something for them (child care services) you suddenly became someone "worth" speaking to.

Before that, you served no purpose in their world.

Guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
KidGrind 07:44 AM 11-18-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
As soon as they figured out you could do something for them (child care services) you suddenly became someone "worth" speaking to.

Before that, you served no purpose in their world.

Guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
Unworthy works for me!

Oh and the Boy Scout story is awesome and summed up how I feel about this situation.
Tags:rude parents
Reply Up