Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT a Quiet Moment
laundrymom 05:16 AM 09-11-2012
Sending a quiet moment out to those who lost someone. I, will never forget.
9/11/01.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 09-11-2012
I too, will never forget.

Prayers and thoughts to those who lost a loved one.
Breezy 06:50 AM 09-11-2012
I don't remember much about where I was 11 years ago but I do remember where I was 11 years ago today. Mr. Ulvens 6th grade science class.

Thinking of everyone who was affected by 9/11.
laundrymom 09:07 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I don't remember much about where I was 11 years ago but I do remember where I was 11 years ago today. Mr. Ulvens 6th grade science class.

Thinking of everyone who was affected by 9/11.
I was sitting in this room, nursing my 20 day old fourth child, watching my 3 yr old play with the daykids. My phone rang, a friend said " turn on the news" and hung up. I yearned for my kids to be home from school. My need to feel their chubby sweaty arms around my neck, smell their hair. Look into their eyes and know they were safe, consumed me. I watched the towers fall, I cried, knowing that my friends and their husbands would soon be seperated. Navy seals, held pilots, bomb loaders. I grieved for the mothers, wives, sisters, and families of not only those lost, but those left behind. I rejoiced when a close friends brother finally phoned home. He worked in the second tower.
I prayed, wrestled with guilt, got angry, and flew my flag higher. I grieved with my neighbors, and I vowed to never forget the lives affected that day.

I will remember, I WILL tell the story, I WILL NOT LET THEM DIE TO BE FORGOTTEN.

...... Be safe, be strong, be well.
Country Kids 12:46 PM 09-11-2012
My ods asked today what I was doing that day and I told him.

I was 5 months pregnant with your brother. I was the first one up and when I turned on the news I was very confused of what was going on till I heard and realized.

I called my dad & wife, my nephew and his family and just tried to carry on as I had to get little ones up and such. I had parents calling to ask if I was open and I said yes I was. The schools were open so we were trying to carry on as usual.

I let the little ones play outside that day and stood in the doorway so I could watch the tv. I watched in horror as people jumped, as the plane hit the tower, and as the fell.

Then the contractions started but I didn't tell anyone. I was worried about being away from my family at that time. We carried on and I tried to keep myself together for the little ones and my family. Finally the contractions stopped and were probably brought on more by stress.

I will never forget that day as the generation before me will never forget where they were when JFK was shot. Something that will stick in your mind forever.

I thank soldiers when I see them (young and old) for giving me the freedom I have.
saved4always 03:31 PM 09-11-2012
I also will never forget.

I was pregnant with my youngest child. I worked outside the home at that time at a company about 45 minutes away from my home. We were listening to the news at our desks. My sons were both at school and I just had an overwhelming need to have them near me. I told my boss I had to leave and called the schools to tell them I was picking them up. I remember the boys playing outside at the neighbor's house as we watched the news coverage. Over and over watching people jump and the planes hit. Knowing that so many people were gone and so many were risking their lives to save them.

My heart goes out to all who have lost friends and family in the 9/11 tragedy. They continue to be in my prayers today. I am thankful for all of the firefighters, police and other emergency workers who risked or lost their lives helping the victims and for those who continue to risk their lives throughout the U.S. to keep us safe. And, my heartfelt gratitude goes out to those in the armed services who fought to kept us safe in the past and continue to fight today.
Reply Up