Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mean and Spiteful
Onawhim 07:27 AM 12-11-2015
I have 2 dcks from the same family one is 5 the other is 3 1/2. They are sweet kids for the most part but they have such a mean spiteful side. The 3 1/2 walked up to my 6 1/2 month old when kick her his morning because she had a stick. Then the 5 year old shoved my kitten 5 months old off a bench inside after I told her not to touch the cat. How would you handle this? They don't have animals at home, my animals are free roaming in the house. I am so mad.
Thriftylady 07:36 AM 12-11-2015
Be VERY firm about it and let them know it is not acceptable. Let the parents know about it and let them know you would like them to talk with their child about these things. If it continues to happen, you may have to do a probation period and maybe even term.
daycare 07:42 AM 12-11-2015
confused about what the 3 year old to a 6month old? is this another child or pet?
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
I have 2 dcks from the same family one is 5 the other is 3 1/2. They are sweet kids for the most part but they have such a mean spiteful side. The 3 1/2 walked up to my 6 1/2 month old when kick her his morning because she had a stick. Then the 5 year old shoved my kitten 5 months old off a bench inside after I told her not to touch the cat. How would you handle this? They don't have animals at home, my animals are free roaming in the house. I am so mad.
That alone would have warranted solo play for the remainder of the day. I would have immediately called the parent and told them what their child did. I would be livid!

NO ONE kicks a baby!!!

As for touching the cat, same thing....mean, spiteful behavior warrants solo play. Mean spiteful behavior says "I am not mature or old enough to play with others". (including pets)

At BOTH 3.5 and 5 yrs old, they know how to listen.

I am hoping your baby is okay? The kitten as well.
daycare 08:25 AM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That alone would have warranted solo play for the remainder of the day. I would have immediately called the parent and told them what their child did. I would be livid!

NO ONE kicks a baby!!!

As for touching the cat, same thing....mean, spiteful behavior warrants solo play. Mean spiteful behavior says "I am not mature or old enough to play with others". (including pets)

thats why I had to ask....No one should ever kick a baby, especially a 3 year old. that kid would have been sent home for the day an dput on probation in my home.

I am an animal lover, I would have also blown a gasket over the cat as well.
daycarediva 10:42 AM 12-11-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
thats why I had to ask....No one should ever kick a baby, especially a 3 year old. that kid would have been sent home for the day an dput on probation in my home.

I am an animal lover, I would have also blown a gasket over the cat as well.
UM YES! I just sent home and put a 5yo on probation for pushing down a 19mo. I DO NOT tolerate violence. I also have a 3 strike policy. 3 instances of violence and they're DONE here.
BabyMonkeys 04:17 PM 12-15-2015
Kicking a baby would be an immediate term. I would be scared that the behavior would escalate next time he got mad at the baby. The cat I would be angry about and put the child on probation, but kicking a baby? Their stuff would be ready when their mom got there to pick them up.
Ariana 04:23 PM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

NO ONE kicks a baby!!!

All of this. The consequence for this type of behavior in my home is my anger and my angry tone. I don't yell and I don't hit (obviously) but when I am angry the kids know it and they rarely do something like this twice. I look pretty scary when I'm angry

I had a 6 year old kick my own 6 year old in the stomach one day. I got angry and sent him to the other room to be alone. I was enraged. He started to cry just from my anger (I didn't raise my voice just became VERY stern) and he never did it again.
Tags:aggressive behavior, mean behavior, mean child, spiteful
Reply Up