Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick! Need Some Promo Ideas!
MG&Lsmom 04:17 PM 08-11-2011
A friend owns a consignment event company and they are having their Fall sale next weekend. For donating a $25 gift card raffle prize, I can have my business cards put in their bags. Also, they display my flyer next to my raffle prize throughout the entire 3 day event. 100s of people go through there. It's enormously successful. I have to get this to her by the end of the day tomorrow of course.

I don't want my card to get lost with all the others, so I want to add some bulk to it. Candy? Stickers? In the spring event I got a really cool card with a scented wax sample (apple my favorite!), but she was a candle maker.

Also, what type of gift card? Grocery, Walmart, Toysrus?
familyschoolcare 04:31 PM 08-11-2011
what about glow sticks and baby gap gift card
Pammie 05:44 PM 08-11-2011
What about if you would glue a Hershey's Hug candy to each card - and if your cards are already printed, you could write, "Hugs from XYZ daycare" on the back?

I think a BabiesRUs gift card would tie in to a daycare.

Good luck! Sounds like it will be fabulous advertising for you!!
daycare 05:50 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:
What about if you would glue a Hershey's Hug candy to each card - and if your cards are already printed, you could write, "Hugs from XYZ daycare" on the back?

I think a BabiesRUs gift card would tie in to a daycare.

Good luck! Sounds like it will be fabulous advertising for you!!
I like this idea....very cute... I would say a pencil, but the kids are really young for that and could get hurt!

sounds like fun!! Good Luck!
MG&Lsmom 06:04 PM 08-11-2011
Did I mention I have to give 100 cards? LOL! Thank goodness I have no kids tomorrow! I think glow sticks would break the bank after the $25 gc & printing for the business cards.

I love the Hugs idea, but I'm afraid it won't stay attached. Maybe if I did snack baggies with the card and kisses inside? If I had preplanned better, I could have done those little packet of crayons.
Pammie 03:55 AM 08-12-2011
Most craft stores carry little mini zip-lock bags in their jewelry section (primarily for crafters that make/sell jewelry). I picked up a box of #300 for about $4 and they would be the perfect size - you could even slip your business card into the little bag without having to staple it.
Pammie 03:56 AM 08-12-2011
Or you could just hot-glue a single crayon to each card???
PitterPatter 04:12 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
what about glow sticks and baby gap gift card
That would have been cute. U could hole punch the corner of the card and put it thru the bracelet like a charm. The glowing of the bracelet (already cracked) would attract even more attention. They sell those at my dollar store in packs of 10 for $1. Maybe u could check the dollar stores? Good luck!
MG&Lsmom 06:48 AM 08-12-2011
I'm at Michael's and found 6 pk of activity booklets for $.79! Perfect. Thank you everyone! I'll let you know how it goes.
Tags:gift ideas
Reply Up