Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Started My New Nanny Job!
MG&Lsmom 12:11 PM 09-07-2011
So last week I started my new nanny job. No DCKs after 2 months of advertising 4 open slots vacated by laid off DCPs. I'm still advertising, but doing this in the meantime. Back to my 'roots'!

It's just 9 hours a week, in the evening, to help a very preggers mom with her 20mo and eventually the newborn. Dad doesn't get home until 8pm or later each night so I will rarely see him. The little girl is so cute, but very attached to Mom. Mom's due date was Monday and I could have sworn she was in labor Friday night, but no.

I can not tell you how excited I am to be back to nannying on this schedule. I have ALL day with my DS while my 2 DDs are at school, I'm home for them in the afternoon and we have an early dinner together every night. I miss their bedtime 3x a week, but DH is home for them then. It's just enough money to cover what we needed plus a little extra for outings with DS weekly or a coffee for me at the book store. I'm sure it's not going to be all roses all the time, but I'm feeling pretty good about this. I'll still be available for occasional care for those kids I have enrolled for that, but this is good steady money for a few months.
safechner 12:16 PM 09-07-2011
Awesome!! Congrats on your new nanny job!
momofboys 12:25 PM 09-07-2011
Congrats!!!! Those are good hours & I am sure you love all the time at home with your child.

I also started a nanny job about 2 weeks ago (first-time nanny for me) & so far it is going well. I work 4 days a week, am able to take me 3-year-old with me & have one day offa week at home which I truly love. Plus I will have my summers off. So would you want a nanny job w/more hours? Will this parent need more hours after the baby comes - will they go to work eventually?
beachgrl 09:57 PM 09-07-2011
Congratulations! Hopenit goes well!
MG&Lsmom 05:32 AM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Congrats!!!! Those are good hours & I am sure you love all the time at home with your child.

I also started a nanny job about 2 weeks ago (first-time nanny for me) & so far it is going well. I work 4 days a week, am able to take me 3-year-old with me & have one day offa week at home which I truly love. Plus I will have my summers off. So would you want a nanny job w/more hours? Will this parent need more hours after the baby comes - will they go to work eventually?
That's awesome! I was looking for a daytime nannying job too, but my DS has so many appointments with EI and therapy that being anywhere else but home is nearly impossible.
Tags:nanny, nanny - part time
Reply Up