Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How On Earth Do You All Go To The Bathroom Without A Captive Audience?!
MaritimeMummy 07:27 AM 09-25-2012
It happens every time. Honestly I don't know what's better...and entourage watching me go to the bathroom or leaving them play alone, unsupervised in the living room...wouldn't bother me so much if I were quick, in and out, but sometimes I have to change my pad with my period or something. I don't want them seeing that! The living room is right around the corner from the bathroom. What do you do?
renodeb 07:32 AM 09-25-2012
The way my house is set up I have my dc in the middle of my house. The front door is locked, there is a gate blocking off the the hall way, and there is a gate blocking off the kitchen. I usually just run quick and go do what I have to do. My house is pretty small so Im not far from the kids at all. I just try and go when I know there arent gonna be any parents coming. Right now I just have two kids so its really not an issue at all. I personally would hate an audience!
Deb
cheerfuldom 07:38 AM 09-25-2012
I am really good at holding it, LOL

Besides that, I never let kids into the bathroom with me. I need my privacy. I also dont let multiple kids in the bathroom at a time.....I give them privacy as well.
Breezy 07:53 AM 09-25-2012
I use my ensuite bathroom which has a gate on the door so my dogs can't get to the kitty food and litter. There is also a gate on the bedroom door so noone can get in the bedroom. It never fails, they will stand at the door and I can see them and they can hear me!
Springdaze 09:03 AM 09-25-2012
Thats what one of my worries was when I was thinking about getting a "real" job....what if you have to go and can't, like if you are a teacher or something??? I have gotten used to going whenever I have to! I just leave the door half open, enough that I feel Im still supervising, but not enough that people can see me through the front window! YIKES!
rhymia1 09:36 AM 09-25-2012
Depending on the ages my bathroom break is as follows:

2 and unders secured out of reach/throw of older kids.
3-5 at the table with table activity.
School aged can continue playing where they are so long as they are not annoying to anyone else

I've trained them so when I say Ms R needs to use the potty, they all go to their stations.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:05 AM 09-25-2012
My kitchen is gated so if they get out of the playroom they can go no further. My bathroom is off the kitchen so I close the door and go
dave4him 10:28 AM 09-25-2012
I gave up on that a while ago, thanksfully its only my two who seem to follow me to the bathroom.
countrymom 10:36 AM 09-25-2012
the minute I say I have to go to the bathroom I have to run and lock the door because they all come running. do you think that their parents supervise them when they go to the bathroom, probably not. So if you have to go then go, if your worried then have them sit infront of the door or put a pnp by the door.
Reply Up