Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Job Is So Easy Without DD
DaisyMamma 08:12 AM 09-26-2012
Sigh. It's sad but true. I put her in a preschool 2 days a week and considering changing it to 4. She is gone all morning till nap time and I have complete control of the kids. I'm able to do circle time, craft and outdoor play without fights and argument-shirts between the kids.
After nap the S.A. get here and you would think that would change the dynamics but she beats up on them too!
rhymia1 08:14 AM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Sigh. It's sad but true. I put her in a preschool 2 days a week and considering changing it to 4. She is gone all morning till nap time and I have complete control of the kids. I'm able to do circle time, craft and outdoor play without fights and argument-shirts between the kids.
After nap the S.A. get here and you would think that would change the dynamics but she beats up on them too!
My older DD was the worst kid I ever had in day care!!! I didn't really have preschool options since we live in the middle of nowhere. It's better now that she is older, but man oh man. When she was 3 it was AWFUL!
cheerfuldom 08:18 AM 09-26-2012
My 4 year old was so awful this summer, yikes. She is doing GREAT in school. I cant wait till her 3 year old sister goes next year. I know that probably sounds bad..... the 3 year old does better during the day when big sister is gone but still, she is challenging to say the least. When she was 2, oh goodness....that was like the worst kid I have EVER taken care of, EVER!

Its crazy how well I have my daycare kids in line and then you had my kids to the mix and it can be unpredicatable. Of course, my kids are very well behaved for the most part at church, school, friends house, etc.....so I must be doing something right They are very exhausting for me at times though.
harperluu 09:14 AM 09-26-2012
My dd is also the naughtiest one in daycare. However, I can tell that a lot of her behaviors are related to trying to get more attention from me. She is 3.5 years and I know it will be better for her to go to preschool next year. Sigh.
DaycareMama 09:40 AM 09-26-2012
I had this problem too! Preschool has been great for both of us She is also one of the best behaved in her class.....go figure
DaisyMamma 10:25 AM 09-26-2012
It just makes me sad. I did this so I wouldn't have to put my kids in daycare, which of course, now that I have a daycare, they are in one and I think it's even harder for them this way.
They have their mom. HOWEVER, they have to share her and share their toys.
And I'm still basically putting one in daycare by sending her to preschool 4 days/week.
cheerfuldom 11:19 AM 09-26-2012
It just makes me sad. I did this so I wouldn't have to put my kids in daycare, which of course, now that I have a daycare, they are in one and I think it's even harder for them this way.
They have their mom. HOWEVER, they have to share her and share their toys.
And I'm still basically putting one in daycare by sending her to preschool 4 days/week.
I disagree....first of all, daycare and preschool are not the same thing. Secondly, it is important to do what is best for your daughter. There is nothing wrong with giving her the opportunity to form new friendships and learn new skills and all that good stuff that can come from a quality program. Please dont be offended by the following but sometimes I think we moms feel the pressure to be the end all of everything our kids need. It doesnt make you a bad mom to see that your daughter is needing something that you currently cant provide. You are a GREAT mom by putting your own emotions aside and choosing what is best for her. If she loves school and everything is working out in that regard, please dont be so hard on yourself because you made this choice. You still have hours and hours of time with her....its not like you are expecting someone else to raise her. Plus you can concentrate on your job while she is gone, do a great job there and be better overall because you arent struggling to handle all the tasks that come from combining mom and daycare provider. My 4 year old goes to school 3 days a week. I could homeschool but I choose not too. She is doing SOOOO well at school, she loves it, it is what is best for her this year. That fact is more important than me keeping her home in an effort to be some sort of super mom that can do it all. Right now, my 4 year old has needs that I cant satisfy. I think I am a great mom by working hard so she has the advantage of a fantastic school, a great teacher, great group of friends.
daycare 11:57 AM 09-26-2012
my son is my biggest challenge, but I found ways to make it work for everyone. He is now my helper and right hand man.

he used to drive me up a wall, but now that he is a little older, he understand the difference between when it is time for daycare and when we are just home. I really think that this is where he suffered most at a younger age, because they don't know how to transition from home to daycare/preschool time.

What he could do on saturday, he can't do on monday. It was very confusing for him.....
DaisyMamma 12:05 PM 09-26-2012
No offense taken at all. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I think you are right!

Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I disagree....first of all, daycare and preschool are not the same thing. Secondly, it is important to do what is best for your daughter. There is nothing wrong with giving her the opportunity to form new friendships and learn new skills and all that good stuff that can come from a quality program. Please dont be offended by the following but sometimes I think we moms feel the pressure to be the end all of everything our kids need. It doesnt make you a bad mom to see that your daughter is needing something that you currently cant provide. You are a GREAT mom by putting your own emotions aside and choosing what is best for her. If she loves school and everything is working out in that regard, please dont be so hard on yourself because you made this choice. You still have hours and hours of time with her....its not like you are expecting someone else to raise her. Plus you can concentrate on your job while she is gone, do a great job there and be better overall because you arent struggling to handle all the tasks that come from combining mom and daycare provider. My 4 year old goes to school 3 days a week. I could homeschool but I choose not too. She is doing SOOOO well at school, she loves it, it is what is best for her this year. That fact is more important than me keeping her home in an effort to be some sort of super mom that can do it all. Right now, my 4 year old has needs that I cant satisfy. I think I am a great mom by working hard so she has the advantage of a fantastic school, a great teacher, great group of friends.

providerandmomof4 12:16 PM 09-26-2012
I know exactly what you mean. My dd was in pre-k last year in the afternoons and it was such a relief. This year she is in kindergarten all day, yet still manages to bicker with the little ones in the short periods she spends with them. "This is mine only, not for dd." Then I have to say, "If you don't want to share it then put it up." Sigh....She still just can't stand to have them always around!
DaisyMamma 12:33 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
I know exactly what you mean. My dd was in pre-k last year in the afternoons and it was such a relief. This year she is in kindergarten all day, yet still manages to bicker with the little ones in the short periods she spends with them. "This is mine only, not for dd." Then I have to say, "If you don't want to share it then put it up." Sigh....She still just can't stand to have them always around!
Yep.
Here's the kicker... all weekend long I hear "I'm bored, can I have a friend over?" "I'm bored" "I'm bored" "are kids coming today?"
LOL

Once both my kids are SA I think I might consider switching to just teacher's hours. However, I do find that the SA kids can be easier when you keep them occupied so I might switch to only after school kids. Trial and error is the best way I guess. Who knows maybe once my kids are SA they won't be so aggressive.
cheerfuldom 12:51 PM 09-26-2012
Yep.
Here's the kicker... all weekend long I hear "I'm bored, can I have a friend over?" "I'm bored" "I'm bored" "are kids coming today?"
LOL

Once both my kids are SA I think I might consider switching to just teacher's hours. However, I do find that the SA kids can be easier when you keep them occupied so I might switch to only after school kids. Trial and error is the best way I guess. Who knows maybe once my kids are SA they won't be so aggressive.
I think no matter what you do, kids are going to be complaining about something. It is just their nature to be selfish at this age. You are the adult, you decide what is the overall best decision and dont be swayed by random complaints. Just do the best you can, no situation will ever be perfect in every way.
Reply Up