Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Actually Excited For Tomorrow
SilverSabre25 08:48 PM 12-02-2012
Completed the "germ warfare" on my house today...even cleaned the downstairs carpets. Will tackle upstairs carpets tomorrow. Rotated all the toys (up AND down!). WASHED/sanitized (with distilled vinegar) all the toys that were out. Okay, i skipped the duplos and just put them away but we have a lot and they'll be away for several months.

I put away a lot of the choices...took away and entire shelf (one of the 2x3 cubes from Target). Used 1.5 Superyards to cordon off an area for big kids to build trains. Rotated a lot. It was so, so overdue and i hadn't realized it.

I can't wait for this week...I want to see how much better our playing (and behavior?!) are with these changes.

Everything smells fresh and nice, and it's so clean and neat and orderly...
EchoMom 09:06 PM 12-02-2012
Can you please send some of that fresh and clean scent my way?!

The weekend totally got away from me... We worked on Christmas lights outdoors for hours and hours only to have a connecting strand keep dying so I still have just about nothing.

The rest of my time was spent putting up the Christmas tree, which is beautiful but I can't really enjoy it yet since the rest of the house looks like a bomb exploded.

The dishwasher's broken and I tried to fix it today but hit a dead end there too.

My DS has gotten a fever this evening so we'll see how that progresses overnight and tomorrow...

And this is the final week with a DCB who was my first baby when I started almost a year ago, and now he's moved away. I'll miss him!

Luckily since my mom now works with me full time, she can open if I need to sleep in with DS and she can watch kids while I deep clean the house.

Tell us how it goes tomorrow! I totally understand how much work that must have been and how much lighter I bet you feel!

It's always a great feeling to start Monday morning feeling ready to "bring on the kids!" as opposed to behind before you've even begun. :P
SilverSabre25 07:06 AM 12-03-2012
Aw, glenecho, ((hugs)) I hope that you're able to get some catch-up done today! I usually start the week behind so I can totally sympathize with that.

Turns out that my own kids are the only ones that are going to get to enjoy the toys today...the only dcks that were scheduled today...are sick.
Reply Up