Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excited/ Concerned/Nervous/Anxious
Lovey81 07:34 AM 08-29-2018
Hello everyone,

So I finally was assigned a worker for my case. I submitted my application to become licensed on the 30th of July. After speaking with the worker I was informed that my process has about 2 weeks left before it’s complete. Yaaay! Ok so I want to know how to go about reaching or contacting a food program. I reside in Chicago IL? I’d it to early or Shall I wait? Also is there anything else I should be doing as far as making sure I’m operational? I’m new at this I don’t know what I’m doing... I’m nervous to leave my job of 10+ years as a medical assistant to operating and running a home daycare I’m so nervous. I just need guidance on where and what are the next steps that I should take. Can somebody anybody help me thanks!
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 08-29-2018
https://www.isbe.net/cacfp

This is the link to your food program resources and a great place to start.

https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Family-Day-Care-Homes.aspx - specifically home daycare
Lovey81 08:48 AM 08-29-2018
Thank you!
Jiminycrickets 12:22 PM 08-29-2018
Just popping in to say you've got this! I just started my in home last fall and I was so nervous even though I've been in child care for 15+ years. It seems like a lot but once you get the basics down it's really not bad at all. Just be pleasant and cooperative with licensing and firm with your parents and have fun with your kids and you will get it all figured out!
amberrose3dg 03:57 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Lovey81:
Hello everyone,

So I finally was assigned a worker for my case. I submitted my application to become licensed on the 30th of July. After speaking with the worker I was informed that my process has about 2 weeks left before it’s complete. Yaaay! Ok so I want to know how to go about reaching or contacting a food program. I reside in Chicago IL? I’d it to early or Shall I wait? Also is there anything else I should be doing as far as making sure I’m operational? I’m new at this I don’t know what I’m doing... I’m nervous to leave my job of 10+ years as a medical assistant to operating and running a home daycare I’m so nervous. I just need guidance on where and what are the next steps that I should take. Can somebody anybody help me thanks!
Make sure you have a set of policies that you want parents to stick to in your contract. Try not to allow parents to not follow them.It will make things much easier in the long run.
Lovey81 11:02 AM 08-30-2018
Hey Thank You
Lovey81 11:03 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
Just popping in to say you've got this! I just started my in home last fall and I was so nervous even though I've been in child care for 15+ years. It seems like a lot but once you get the basics down it's really not bad at all. Just be pleasant and cooperative with licensing and firm with your parents and have fun with your kids and you will get it all figured out!
Hey Thanks A lot!!!!
Tags:license - applied
Reply Up