Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer and Bathroom
Onawhim 06:38 AM 06-11-2015
As it starts to get nicer your outside more how do you do bathroom with your littles. I'll have 5 not in diapers and I can't send them in themselves. I just had one dcg3 pee 10 mins before we came out side. We were out 5 minutes and she drops her pants and pees all over herself and the ground. What do you do with outside bathroom.
kathiemarie 07:44 AM 06-11-2015
Im lucky, I can see from my back door the whole back yard and the bathroom. So if some one needs to use the bathroom I always have the kids in sight. I do have some provider friends that will take a potty chair outside with them for the kids to use. They use it for emergencies only. Maybe you could do something like that.
childcaremom 08:44 AM 06-11-2015
I bring the crew in so that one can go. It isn't such a big deal when the weather is nice but if it is pouring it usually ends the outdoor time.

I'm working on reminders to try before we go out and getting them to be patient and wait a few minutes before we come in.
Josiegirl 09:27 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I bring the crew in so that one can go. It isn't such a big deal when the weather is nice but if it is pouring it usually ends the outdoor time.

I'm working on reminders to try before we go out and getting them to be patient and wait a few minutes before we come in.
Here too. It can get maddening by the 3rd run back into the house. I have one who is soooo stubborn it's unbelievable. Yesterday she absolutely refused to try before we went outside. Only other choice I had was to carry her into the bathroom kicking and screaming and I wasn't going to do that. So I said ok. We were outside 15 minute and sure enough....
nothingwithoutjoy 09:29 AM 06-11-2015
We are allowed to send children in to potty when they can manage it on their own.

But I also keep a potty, tp, and gel hand cleaner (something I don't otherwise use) in the shed for kids who really need my help.
Play Care 09:36 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
We are allowed to send children in to potty when they can manage it on their own.

But I also keep a potty, tp, and gel hand cleaner (something I don't otherwise use) in the shed for kids who really need my help.
This.
CraftyMom 09:40 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:

This. Plus my bathroom is right there by the back door, which is a sliding door. So I will stand on the back deck and I can see everyone from the one spot, even the pottier.
Unregistered 06:17 PM 06-12-2015
I have 2 wide low windows and I can see right into my main play room where the bathroom is.
Tags:bathroom - issues, outside bathroom, summer
Reply Up