Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding a Spot
Luke25 10:31 AM 07-27-2017
Hi! I have a spot available and just had someone contact me about a baby that wouldn't start until November. How do you handle that? I feel nervous just holding a spot for someone and passing up on other people.
Do you ask people to pay to hold a spot or do you just say if no one else comes along I can take you?? just wanted to see wanted to see what people usually do.
Thanks!!
finsup 11:03 AM 07-27-2017
I first collect a deposit that is non-refundable. After that, if they are not starting within two weeks, they are required to pay 50% of the weekly rate for however many weeks they need me to hold it.
It's not a blanket policy so to speak though. It's one I use, when the situation is right and finances allow for it.

Definitely no not hold it for free!! I learned the hard way on that one
Luke25 11:56 AM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
I first collect a deposit that is non-refundable. After that, if they are not starting within two weeks, they are required to pay 50% of the weekly rate for however many weeks they need me to hold it.
It's not a blanket policy so to speak though. It's one I use, when the situation is right and finances allow for it.

Ok! Thank you! Good advice! That's what I was sort of thinking... I just wanted to make sure I was being fair/not running off good people while protecting myself as well.
AmyKidsCo 01:05 PM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:

That's about what I do. They pay nonrefundable Enrollment Fee and first week's tuition right away. The nonrefundable Holding Fee payment starts when my opening is available. If another family wants to enroll with an earlier start date the first family has the option of paying 100% to keep holding the spot or giving it up to the other family.
Reply Up