Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calculating Food Program Reimbursements
daycarediva 10:47 AM 10-31-2017
I am on tier 1 now, based on my location. I did some calculations, and requested my reimbursement rates from my sponsor.

I cannot get their total AT ALL. I just emailed asking for clarification, but I could typically get within a few dollars over or under on tier 2.

1.31 breakfast
2.46 lunch
.73 snacks

I submitted a claim for 104 of each. That's 468. My check for that month was for 446.55

No disallowances.

I asked a provider acquaintance and she said she never calculates her check, but is going to look into it now.

Am I nuts? I thought everyone checked their totals out.
Play Care 11:04 AM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I am on tier 1 now, based on my location. I did some calculations, and requested my reimbursement rates from my sponsor.

I cannot get their total AT ALL. I just emailed asking for clarification, but I could typically get within a few dollars over or under on tier 2.

1.31 breakfast
2.46 lunch
.73 snacks

I submitted a claim for 104 of each. That's 468. My check for that month was for 446.55

No disallowances.

I asked a provider acquaintance and she said she never calculates her check, but is going to look into it now.

Am I nuts? I thought everyone checked their totals out.
I have never It just feels like one more thing to have to do. But if there are discrepancies I had better start.
daycarediva 11:14 AM 10-31-2017
Just heard from the provider- her last 3 months are all off- all three short, totaling about $100.

Yup, sounds like I have to keep on top of it and ask for explanations. UGH.
amberrose3dg 12:39 PM 10-31-2017
Oh man. Something else we have to keep on top of.
hwichlaz 12:41 PM 10-31-2017
Part of your reimbursement comes from the state, and part is federal. They don't come at the same time. So your next check will likely have the small amount from the state added to it, one payment behind.
Leigh 06:31 PM 10-31-2017
My last check was over $400 short! I am hoping that it does get corrected and show up in my next check!
MyAngels 08:04 PM 10-31-2017
I always calculate mine, but my reimbursement has always been correct.
hwichlaz 09:59 AM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My last check was over $400 short! I am hoping that it does get corrected and show up in my next check!
Did you email your sponsor to inquire?
Annalee 10:08 AM 11-01-2017
This is the one and only reason I like the food program online at KidKare. I had 2 errors on September's claim and I caught it before the check had been sent to direct deposit. My sponsor fixed it for me. What happened was the FP had already put the changes that were to go into effect in October and that discounted 2 snacks for September so it was their error. Once I submit, I can check within 2 days and it tells me if there is any errors.
Tags:food program - reimbursement
Reply Up