Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tired Of The Lazy Parents
boysx5 06:18 AM 04-13-2011
okay dcb who is one had four poopy diapers yesterday called mom after the third one to say his butt is so red its bleeding. I have put cream on it after all the diaper changes today. So I said if he has one more he needs to go home she said okay call me well that last one was at four and they usually come by five to get him so I didn't call just let it go. Today dad drops off and says he is better he did poop two more times but it was solid and his butt is clear they let him run around naked. Okay he already had a poopy diaper that was messy and his butt is bleeding again. So he is goes one more time I'm calling mom. Do they think we are stupid? I'm so tired of parents who don't take the kids to the dr. because they can't make the time. There is a reason why he has poopy diapers two days in a row. so frustrated
ninosqueridos 06:22 AM 04-13-2011
are they really runny, watery poops? Any other symptoms? I have kids who are just poopy kids normally and can have 3 or 4 poops (good consistency, not runny) on a regular day. good luck!
nannyde 06:27 AM 04-13-2011
I exclude on the second one and save both diapers to show the parents when they arrive. When the child has the first one I give them the heads up text to let them know he had one... they must text or call back to confirm. This means they are on notice that they may need to have the child picked up.

Then the second one... I call or text and say he needs to be picked up. Excluded at least 24 hours but the child must have a normal stool before returning. 99.9 percent of the time the parent states the child has normal poops.

On the day back they get ONE loose stool and they are excluded. I tell the parents when they pick the child up the first day. They must be out the next day and the day they return we exclude again for a full 24 hours if they have ONE loose stool.

I always bag and save the diapers so they can see it for themselves.
boysx5 08:06 AM 04-13-2011
I did save them today its only been one and the second one was not much one more home he goes I called to let her know she said how will I tell my boss I have to leave because my son's butt is bleeding I said you are leaving for loose stools and I'm scared that he will get dehyrated if he keeps going
nannyde 08:31 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by boysx5:
I did save them today its only been one and the second one was not much one more home he goes I called to let her know she said how will I tell my boss I have to leave because my son's butt is bleeding I said you are leaving for loose stools and I'm scared that he will get dehyrated if he keeps going
you are leaving because mutliple loose stools for two consequtive days means he has a high liklihood of having viral diarrhea. That is very contagious.
ninosqueridos 08:44 AM 04-13-2011
poor child How dare she throw that "how will I tell my boss" line!? Grrr..
GG~DAYCARE 08:52 AM 04-13-2011
I have a one year old who had a doctors note saying he is allowed back to day care with runny stool and that I should be vigilant in HANDWASHING!!!!!!
He had that for over a week. I felt I had to take him back even though it is in my contract no more than 2 a day.
nannyde 08:56 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by GG~DAYCARE:
I have a one year old who had a doctors note saying he is allowed back to day care with runny stool and that I should be vigilant in HANDWASHING!!!!!!
He had that for over a week. I felt I had to take him back even though it is in my contract no more than 2 a day.
YUP they use handwashing as their get out of jail free card. If they SAY do great handwashing and the illness spreads then it's because of the handwashing not because they gave permission for a contagious kid to come into care.

Seen it over and over.

A week of it? Oh no
countrymom 09:01 AM 04-13-2011
are they giving him too much milk, I have one that is 3 next month and he drinks so much milk over a litre a day that he has diarrhea. his parents are a joke because they blame everything else but themselves for letting him drink that much.
godiva83 10:16 AM 04-13-2011
Oh my gosh- yes hand washing is key; however, diarrhea is highly contagious in a daycare setting and hand washing will not eliminate it entirely. That child needs to be sent home.
I have a DCB who is 14 months that has up to 8 BM's a day it drives me nuts and sometimes they are the strangest I have ever seen. I personally don't think it is normal but his Doctor begs to differ.
Reply Up