Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Does 2nd Shift??
Scout 08:02 AM 04-25-2013
I was wondering who does this and if it is that bad? I just put an ad out today since we really need the extra income. I figured it couldn't hurt to try and that if I just took one or two and only until 11 that it would not be that bad? I did say that they must be willing to let us travel with them to ds's activities! Is it terrible? Do you charge more? Thanks!
MamaBearCanada 08:07 AM 04-25-2013
I don't because I feel I need that family time alone with my DH & kids, but I might as my kids get older.
LoraJenkins 08:14 AM 04-25-2013
I offer 24/7 hours but all of my children are adults now. I usually only have kids late 1 or 2 night a week though so it isn't bad.
Childminder 11:24 AM 04-25-2013
I do M-Sat 6 til Midnight but often overnight too. I don't have children at home and don't mind it at all, we're home anyway. Most of the time they are in bed by 8pm and I get paid for them sleeping so I just charge the same as for days. You get more from the food program for dinner too.
MNMum 12:21 PM 04-25-2013
I do for a friend, 1 day per week. I would never consider it, except that this family has helped me out with childcare a ton in the past, and it is more like a niece than a dck. With that said, it is very difficult. But I have 3 young children of my own, and another on the way. This dck goes with us wherever we are going. But oftentimes, I will just choose to stay home, rather than tote a baby, 3 yo, 7 yo, and 10 yo out. Also, it is Thursday nights, which tends to be a busy social night, school event night. So you may want to consider which days of the week you want to be stuck doing care in the evening.
Cradle2crayons 12:50 PM 04-25-2013
I do first and second shift. I have two that would be considered that. One is here five days a week not always the same five and is here from 1230 or 130 depending on shift until midnight. The other one is my special needs dcg and she is here from 400pm until 1000 pm three days a week and that changes. Right now, she's in the hospital and has been since last week recovering froma very major GI surgery. She has j tube and g tube and all.
Scout 12:55 PM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I do first and second shift. I have two that would be considered that. One is here five days a week not always the same five and is here from 1230 or 130 depending on shift until midnight. The other one is my special needs dcg and she is here from 400pm until 1000 pm three days a week and that changes. Right now, she's in the hospital and has been since last week recovering froma very major GI surgery. She has j tube and g tube and all.
awww~ I hope she recovers quickly!
Scout 12:57 PM 04-25-2013
It is definitely not something I WANT to do but, as of now I feel I need to at least try. We have to do what we need to for our families (as you all know). I have an ad out for days too but, haven't gotten more than one hit so I thought maybe 2nd would get more interest since it is harder to come by!!
Cradle2crayons 07:34 PM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
awww~ I hope she recovers quickly!
Actually I just got a video of her that her mom took of her in the hospital (she's been there 8 days now) ...a video of her... EATING for the first time in her life ( she's 1.5).. I got so excited I almost wet myself lol.... She's been tube fed her entire life...

I miss her so much I'm waiting impatiently for her to come back to care... The mom is also pregnant again and I will get that one as well... This is the one who drives an hour to bring her here and then drive 40 minutes to work...
Tags:exteneded hours, second shift
Reply Up