Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Out of sorts Monday
mamamanda 10:08 AM 05-18-2015
Anyone else having a rough start to the week? Kids haven't been listening. We all got so dirty I had to change everyone's clothes after playing with the sand & water table, Ds has had to use the calm down spot about 6 times this morning, dcb has used it about 4, & we've been laying down for 30 minutes now & not one of them has went to sleep. Big sigh...the good news is that it has to get better from here Happy Monday all!
mamamanda 10:10 AM 05-18-2015
And I must add that messy as they all got & though I was work for me, they had a blast at the water table!
butterfly 10:24 AM 05-18-2015
ugh, I can totally relate today!!! Feel like I've been using my "teacher" voice all morning. I'm not a huge fan of time out, but I've used it repeatedly today. I've needed to separate kids who just can't seem to get a long today. Ugh!

And here I was a bit emotional this morning since this is my last week before summer break. (I do school year only.) I think the kids wanted to help me look forward to break.

And... It's been SNOWING today!!! What the... ???

AuntTami 11:12 AM 05-18-2015
Yep. all of us here too. An hour into nap and 2 out of 3 kids are awake and it's my naughty two. Blah
Rockgirl 11:17 AM 05-18-2015
Today has been good here. Beautiful weather--we played outside from right after breakfast until lunch. All are sleeping. Now, tomorrow may be an entirely different story! Forecast shows 100% chance of rain. Days we can't get outside tend to not be so great...,,
LysesKids 01:25 PM 05-18-2015
Sorry, I'm on a one week (unpaid) vacation... I don't work again until next Tuesday lol. Will be heading to MD in the morning to play with friends and family; AND Yes, it includes a day on the Eastern shore at the beach. My only regret is I have to drive home on Memorial Day
hope 01:55 PM 05-18-2015
I had my sub in for me at home and I went on a field trip with DD. Field trips should never be scheduled on a monday. Most of the kids fell asleep on the bus there and were grumpy when woken. All were starving because I don't think they even had breakfast. It made for an interesting day.
Reply Up