Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewing.....to Tell or Not
AnythingsPossible 12:28 PM 07-20-2016
I am interviewing for a job outside of the home on Thursday. I am not actively looking for a job, but heard of one that would be a great for for myself and family and applied. Would you tell families you have an interview or just wait and see? I don't want to cause panic, but also don't want to shock everyone with a potential two week notice. Thoughts?
Controlled Chaos 12:39 PM 07-20-2016
Do NOT tell. If you don't get the job, or change your mind you may lose families anyway since they will see you as not invested or not stable. they will want to find alternate care on their timeline rather than yours. 2 weeks notice can be shocking but it doable. Protect your business and family until you are sure you are closing.
Snowmom 12:47 PM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
I am interviewing for a job outside of the home on Thursday. I am not actively looking for a job, but heard of one that would be a great for for myself and family and applied. Would you tell families you have an interview or just wait and see? I don't want to cause panic, but also don't want to shock everyone with a potential two week notice. Thoughts?
No, I wouldn't tell them. What I do with my life is my business. Until I have concrete plans to close, I wouldn't even mention it.
Thriftylady 01:01 PM 07-20-2016
I wouldn't say anything either. Even if you interview and think it will be the perfect job, you don't know if you will get an offer.
AmyKidsCo 01:03 PM 07-20-2016
Nope, I wouldn't tell them either! And if you do get the job expect some families to bail as soon as you tell them, even if you give a long notice.
AnythingsPossible 02:02 PM 07-20-2016
Thanks everyone. I would give another provider the same advice you have all given, but I guess i just needed to hear it myself!
Reply Up