Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Purchasing Art Supplies....
Abigail 12:06 AM 12-10-2011
Has anyone ever used these? http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...ts/viewall.jsp

Right now I have no paint supplies and am interested in buying the no-spill paint cups. They do offer clear lids which would be nice, but at the same time they have 10 colors so why would I need more colors than what they have already? I will also buy the carry case for ease of storing as well, but let me know your experience with this.

Also, if you have purchased ANY craft supplies from Kaplanco or Lakeshorelearning please let me know what you got and whether you would buy it again. I have a few weeks to build up my art supplies list for the best deals.

OK I just found the coordinating brushes for this paint set. http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...ts/viewall.jsp Would you recommend buying PLASTIC or WOODEN handled brushes?
melskids 04:45 AM 12-10-2011
I have the same cups, except I got them from www.discountschoolsupply.com

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...uct=44&rec=SRH

This set of paint cups is only $6.69, compared to lakeshores set of ten at $9.95.

I usually get all my art supplies from DSS...they are more affordable. Most everything is made just as well, and lasts just as long.

As far as the paint brushes...I prefer natural bristles over the nylon ones. Just a personal preference, I suppose.
Ariana 04:58 AM 12-10-2011
I got those paint cups from a bookstore here in Canada called Chapters. I LOVE them and actually searched high and low for them here. I don't waste paint anymore since I bought these because you justclose the top and you can leave it for weeks without the paint drying up.

I also have plastic paint brushes and would recommend them over wood. I would say they're easier to clean and you can just let them soak in water whereas wood might start to rot?
kendallina 05:18 AM 12-10-2011
I have the same ones Melkids has...from DSS. I also have both wooden and plastic paint brushes and it doesn't matter too much to me, but if I had to choose which I liked better, probably the plastic, as they are easier to clean when you get paint on the handle.
SilverSabre25 06:22 AM 12-10-2011
I want those!

I just got powdered tempera paint from Kaplan and I'm thrilled with it! It seems to be great--and I like that I don't have to worry about it drying out!
Kaddidle Care 06:53 AM 12-10-2011
We use the Colorations ones too. They work well - not totally spill proof if they knock them on the floor but good enough. For a while we were putting the paints in plastic bags inside them to save on clean up but eh.. I kind of slacked off on that.
Unregistered 11:20 AM 12-12-2011
I just purchased the cups and plastic brushes and I really love them. I did not get the carrier. I like that you can cap off the unused paint for another time. They are easy on the little kids as far as spilling and dipping in to get more paint. Love them, good choice and have fun-
Maria2013 05:10 AM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I also have plastic paint brushes and would recommend them over wood. I would say they're easier to clean and you can just let them soak in water whereas wood might start to rot?

Lucy 10:32 AM 12-18-2013
I recently "discovered" Lakeshore Learning. I was extremely pleased with what I got, and would definitely buy again. Look for a discount code. I had 3 codes to choose from, and it saved me $10. The items were excellent quality. Well worth it.
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 12-18-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I recently "discovered" Lakeshore Learning. I was extremely pleased with what I got, and would definitely buy again. Look for a discount code. I had 3 codes to choose from, and it saved me $10. The items were excellent quality. Well worth it.
Content is still relevant but just wanted you two to know this thread is from 2011.
Tags:art supplies, crafts, kaplan, lakeshore learning, projects
Reply Up