Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu to Kids Kare
NillaWafers 09:15 AM 07-01-2016
How many of you have made the switch? Does anyone pay for MinuteMenu Pro? My sponsor has switched me to KidKare, but I don't see any of the functionality that MMPro had, which makes me sad
yodaone 09:23 AM 07-01-2016
Unfortunately, KidKare only tracks for the food program right now. They are working on adding all the other features the minute menu offered. This is what I was told by the food rep.
NillaWafers 09:25 AM 07-01-2016
Ughhhhhhh. Well i hope they do that soon then. I guess I'll be using two programs until KK has that functionality.
TomCopeland 09:57 AM 07-01-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Ughhhhhhh. Well i hope they do that soon then. I guess I'll be using two programs until KK has that functionality.
KK has told me that they hope to have the accounting section ready by August.
Luvnmykidz 12:27 PM 07-01-2016
I have switched over to Kid Kare for the food program portion and I still pay for MMK for my accounting portion. Even when MMK was used for both I paid for a separate account for accounting, because I was told that the food program reps can see all portions of it and I didn't like that idea. Not sure if it was true or not, but don't want them to be able to view my financial info at will.
NillaWafers 12:38 PM 07-01-2016
Yeah my MMK is expiring next month. I wonder if they will still be supporting minute menu after they roll out the pro part of KK.
AmyKidsCo 12:57 PM 07-01-2016
I haven't switched yet but am watching closely for the accounting part to be ready. Right now I'm grandfathered in on MMKPro with my food program sponsor.
284878 06:55 AM 07-02-2016
Kid Kare does it bug any one that spelt care with a k?
TomCopeland 07:29 AM 07-02-2016
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
I have switched over to Kid Kare for the food program portion and I still pay for MMK for my accounting portion. Even when MMK was used for both I paid for a separate account for accounting, because I was told that the food program reps can see all portions of it and I didn't like that idea. Not sure if it was true or not, but don't want them to be able to view my financial info at will.
No, food program reps cannot see the accounting section of the software.
Meeko 09:57 AM 07-05-2016
I switched to Kidkare. I LOATHE it. Soooo many bugs and problems. My sponsor has told them she refuses to put any more providers on it until they get it all worked out.

It isn't provider friendly. I have 16 daycare kids. When entering meals, I have to click on each child and then scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to save and then all the way down again to double check the numbers (they have had problems with it not registering) and then all the way back up again to enter the next meal etc....it's a pain. I hope they get it working properly soon.
AmyKidsCo 01:14 PM 07-05-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I switched to Kidkare. I LOATHE it. Soooo many bugs and problems. My sponsor has told them she refuses to put any more providers on it until they get it all worked out.

It isn't provider friendly. I have 16 daycare kids. When entering meals, I have to click on each child and then scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to save and then all the way down again to double check the numbers (they have had problems with it not registering) and then all the way back up again to enter the next meal etc....it's a pain. I hope they get it working properly soon.
Really? Is it that different from MMK? That doesn't sound like MMK at all, and I assumed KidKare would just be an updated version of MMK.
mom2many 04:41 PM 07-05-2016
I started on Kid Kare last November and was part of the small trial group with my food program. It had a ton of bugs and it was pretty frustrating at times. The people with Kid Kare were great listening to the issues and quick to resolve the issues.

The other providers with my food program all transitioned over in the spring. Since the first of the year, I've had no problems and find it quick and easy to use.
Meeko 07:56 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Really? Is it that different from MMK? That doesn't sound like MMK at all, and I assumed KidKare would just be an updated version of MMK.
It's completely different.
MyAngels 08:41 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:

They should have just waited to release it after they worked out all the kinks. After all the errors I discovered the first few days I used it I started keeping paper records again just in case their problems came back to bite me later
BumbleBee 05:09 PM 07-30-2016
Reviving this to say I've been forced over to KidKare and I hate it. It is so much more time consuming. I don't have time for this! UGH! Considering just quitting the food program all together and raising my rates--I hate it that much.

The ONE pro to it is that it runs better on my computer.
Leigh 09:09 AM 07-31-2016
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Reviving this to say I've been forced over to KidKare and I hate it. It is so much more time consuming. I don't have time for this! UGH! Considering just quitting the food program all together and raising my rates--I hate it that much.

The ONE pro to it is that it runs better on my computer.
I thought it was supposed to be modernized and so much easier! My FP sponsor hasn't even heard of KidKare, so I am guessing it will be a while before I make the switch.
NillaWafers 09:55 AM 07-31-2016
I haven't had issues. If I had a lot of kids it'd be annoying because you have to select each kid for every meal and it's kinda annoying. They need a select all.
Josiegirl 02:32 PM 07-31-2016
So, eventually everyone using MM will be switched to this KK program instead? I sure hope they get all the kinks worked out before we get it. Doesn't sound like much fun.
284878 10:17 AM 08-01-2016
Kid Kare has webinairs available to learn how to use it. They even provide a certificate, the trouble is doing one of them during the day.
http://www.training.minutemenu.com/h...raining.aspxte at the end, if you need one.
284878 06:38 PM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
Kid Kare has webinairs available to learn how to use it. They even provide a certificate, the trouble is doing one of them during the day.
http://www.training.minutemenu.com/h...raining.aspxte at the end, if you need one.
I found it on youtube too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9aSCYltVjU
I just got done watching it, I looks much better that minute menu by a long ways but I do see some things that are annoying.
badger411 12:47 AM 12-12-2016
I made the mistake of going in and looking at Kid Kare to see what it was about. My access to my Minute Menu has now been cut off. I cannot update anything and I cannot create invoices. Since the accounting features of Kid Kare are STILL not ready to go, 4-6 months after being promised, I will now have to figure hours and invoices by hand. There is also no place to track expenses, tax information, or anything like that. This is going to be a nightmare at tax time. I cannot believe that they would put out such a horrible website and call it an improvement on an existing program that was wonderful, intuitive, user-friendly. It just boggles my mind how this company has even stayed in business.

To make it even better, I have a paid subscription that goes through July. So not only is the program now worthless, I am paying for the privilege of NOT being able to use it.
Josiegirl 06:51 AM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by badger411:
I made the mistake of going in and looking at Kid Kare to see what it was about. My access to my Minute Menu has now been cut off. I cannot update anything and I cannot create invoices. Since the accounting features of Kid Kare are STILL not ready to go, 4-6 months after being promised, I will now have to figure hours and invoices by hand. There is also no place to track expenses, tax information, or anything like that. This is going to be a nightmare at tax time. I cannot believe that they would put out such a horrible website and call it an improvement on an existing program that was wonderful, intuitive, user-friendly. It just boggles my mind how this company has even stayed in business.

To make it even better, I have a paid subscription that goes through July. So not only is the program now worthless, I am paying for the privilege of NOT being able to use it.

Oh No!!?? Have you tried contacting MM and telling them you have a current paid subscription? I don't understand why they'd cut you off just because you were checking KK out, that doesn't make any sense.
At our last FP training, we were told we're going to have to switch this coming year and suggested we check out the site beforehand. Well, to heck with that! Why do they feel the need to mess with an already good thing? I hate change, especially when it's full of kinks and bugs. I may decide to quit the FP too.
NillaWafers 09:45 AM 12-12-2016

That's odd. I use KK for the food program and minute menus accounting still. I haven't been locked out of one or the other. Did it give you an error? I would definitely contact them!
Blackcat31 10:12 AM 12-12-2016

https://kidkare.knowledgeowl.com/hel...r-2016-updates
AmyKidsCo 12:39 PM 12-12-2016

Good to know. I have the opposite problem - I'm trying to switch to KK and have my MMK Pro data migrate over but so far nothing they've told me to do has worked. I have a MMK Pro account subscription that ends in February and a completely empty KK account.
MissAnn 08:40 AM 12-13-2016
Good to know. I have the opposite problem - I'm trying to switch to KK and have my MMK Pro data migrate over but so far nothing they've told me to do has worked. I have a MMK Pro account subscription that ends in February and a completely empty KK account.
Same problem here! I want it all in one place!
Cat Herder 10:09 AM 12-13-2016
My MMK Pro does not expire until Oct 2017, will they force my hand? Says I can still add time if I choose.

I don't submit anything, I use it for my own taxes and records.
NillaWafers 12:39 PM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My MMK Pro does not expire until Oct 2017, will they force my hand? Says I can still add time if I choose.

I don't submit anything, I use it for my own taxes and records.
I was forced to go to KK yesterday...so now I see what this other person was saying. Because I use the food program and am subscribed to MMK Pro, it didn't give me an option to just keep using MMK. Now my MMK Pro says it's expired.

Would be great but I can't mark any of my invoices as paid right now cus it's giving me an error. Tried it on two different browsers. Hopefully they can fix all these bugs quickly! I cannot print any receipts right now
MissAnn 08:07 AM 12-15-2016
Soooo....I logged into KidKare today and it said my accounting info will be migrated over to KidKare and it would take a minute or two. All went well. I did have to redo my reoccurring invoices.
Cat Herder 11:05 AM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Soooo....I logged into KidKare today and it said my accounting info will be migrated over to KidKare and it would take a minute or two. All went well. I did have to redo my reoccurring invoices.
Will you still be able to print W-10's and all other tax forms? Can you still edit 2016 as needed? My fear is it will lose all my previous years tax stuff and prevent me from being done on time this year. I will be expected to have all that printed, in hand, come Jan 1st.
NillaWafers 11:21 AM 12-15-2016
You can print all the worksheets. Thank goodness. And even though it only shows the invoices for the last three months, it still has the information for the entire year, and those are included
AmyKidsCo 11:50 AM 12-15-2016
Woo hoo - I logged in today and everything transferred over! Now to learn how to use it... I plan to stick with MMKPro until the end of Dec then start with KK in Jan. Hopefully...
MissAnn 12:06 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Will you still be able to print W-10's and all other tax forms? Can you still edit 2016 as needed? My fear is it will lose all my previous years tax stuff and prevent me from being done on time this year. I will be expected to have all that printed, in hand, come Jan 1st.
I did find where to do the W10's....under reports. I think you can still edit 2016. I have to much to add!
MissAnn 12:08 PM 12-15-2016
Woo hoo - I logged in today and everything transferred over! Now to learn how to use it... I plan to stick with MMKPro until the end of Dec then start with KK in Jan. Hopefully...
At the training meeting they said they are interchangeable for now. What you put in one goes into the other.
badger411 09:34 PM 12-18-2016
Yes, all of my stuff finally transferred over. But all of my kids that were withdrawn in MM Pro were NOT withdrawn in KK, and there is NO WAY for me to withdraw them because there is no "withdraw" button. I cannot enter any new payment information. New invoices do not auto-fill with the billing information and the number of hours for a given time frame; I guess we have to figure it all out by hand and fill it in ourselves.

All of my kids transferred over as Male, white and Hispanic, even the girls. Two kids transferred over with no parent information at all. (One of my kids transferred over with the mother as the primary payer even though it is a custody case and we only deal with the dad. So all of the invoices for the whole year transferred over as if the mom had paid, how am I supposed to get tax information for the dad?) None of the medical and dental information is being saved. One of the contacts for one of the kids is showing up on the records for EVERY SINGLE KID as an emergency contact.

The program ASSUMES that the mother is primary guardian and also primary payer during a data migration. It also did not migrate my vehicle data, and MM has completely locked me out from that information, so I have no idea what to enter. The expenses I have entered in MM so far do not equal the dollar amount of what migrated to KK.

I have a kid that I had in the past that I will be watching over Christmas, but there is no way to make his file active again. I guess once withdrawn, it is permanent. Demographic information for the child cannot be changed. My time-space percentage is WAY off, as in KK has 20% and MM has 59%.
badger411 09:40 PM 12-18-2016
The reason, as explained to me by a rep from KK, is because of the new food program rules starting in October 2017. They were unable to update MM to include the new whole grain, etc. requirements because it is written on an obsolete programming language. So they had to start over with a more modern programming language and try to include the features they could from MM. Yes, it sucks, but it is not the fault of MM, it is the fault of the USDA food program. Ironic that they are complicating our lives once again after denying us an increase in reimbursement and even taking money away from us. All food program sponsors will be required to migrate to KK by October 2017 or lose their funding. Which means that we will all be able to have our accounting and meal programs on the same platform. Half of it doesn't work right, and it's really cumbersome and unfriendly, but it will all be in one place.
badger411 09:42 PM 12-18-2016
MissAnn, You're lucky, or they lied to you. I am completely locked out of changing ANY information in MM. I can't add the 2 new kids I just enrolled, and I can't access my vehicle information to update mileage.
badger411 09:43 PM 12-18-2016
I did find where to do the W10's....under reports. I think you can still edit 2016. I have to much to add!
Yes, but it doesn't fill in the parent's name or address. You have to do it by hand.
badger411 09:53 PM 12-18-2016
If any parents had credit balances with you in MM, those amounts have been wiped out and will need to be transferred over by hand. I am not sure how the record keeping would work for that, since the money was paid in 2016 but might not get applied until 2017. MM was set up in a way that it was automatically credited correctly.
badger411 09:55 PM 12-18-2016
At the training meeting they said they are interchangeable for now. What you put in one goes into the other.
I posted earlier, and I wanted to clarify. I am locked out of the MM Kids Pro subscription that I paid for. I can still make changes and update information on the free MM Kids program provided by my food program sponsor. Once you migrate over to KK, your subscription is transferred to your KK account, and your MM Kids Pro access is restricted.
MissAnn 04:15 AM 12-19-2016
I sent out invoices and parents received them. Although it shows a balance there is an amount due when they try to pay it says their account balance is $0. Most parents are not coming this week and next week I have my paid vacation. So now I had to tell all the parents who are going to be here that they need to send checks in the mail. I did write in a ticket and apparently I need to wait my turn for them to call me. I'm wondering how long that will take since so many people are having problems.
MissAnn 04:16 AM 12-19-2016
I posted earlier, and I wanted to clarify. I am locked out of the MM Kids Pro subscription that I paid for. I can still make changes and update information on the free MM Kids program provided by my food program sponsor. Once you migrate over to KK, your subscription is transferred to your KK account, and your MM Kids Pro access is restricted.
I can only get into parts of mine now. I know I can't send invoices from MMK. My Subscription is still in effect too.
MissAnn 04:25 AM 12-19-2016
Is anyone having problems sending out invoices and parents being able to pay from them? Also can anyone check this out… Click on home and then my site. Look at the box that says provider detail… Then look at each pay edit status. Mine says pending. Just wondering if anyone else's says the same thing. Also the invoices have the name of the place where the person works instead of their real name. Parents are not able to pay because it says their balance is zero. On my end everything looks correct… Invoices are sent in the name of the parent and they are all marked as unpaid with a balance due.
MissAnn 10:04 AM 12-19-2016
If any parents had credit balances with you in MM, those amounts have been wiped out and will need to be transferred over by hand. I am not sure how the record keeping would work for that, since the money was paid in 2016 but might not get applied until 2017. MM was set up in a way that it was automatically credited correctly.
I finally have all my invoices working correctly. I had to do a "ticket" and today it just started working without me fiddling with it. ANYWAY! I had a parent pay $180 for 2 weeks.....they are $86/week and they pay cash. It would not make a credit. This means they need to pay me the exact amount or I need to make change.
NillaWafers 10:55 AM 12-19-2016
Is anyone having problems sending out invoices and parents being able to pay from them? Also can anyone check this out… Click on home and then my site. Look at the box that says provider detail… Then look at each pay edit status. Mine says pending. Just wondering if anyone else's says the same thing. Also the invoices have the name of the place where the person works instead of their real name. Parents are not able to pay because it says their balance is zero. On my end everything looks correct… Invoices are sent in the name of the parent and they are all marked as unpaid with a balance due.
My parents are clicking on their invoice and can't find where to pay it online? I can't either, this is frustrating! I would make a ticket but I know they won't respond in a timely manner.

Also I had three recurring invoices set up and they all didn't make a new invoice (when it was set for today)!
MissAnn 11:42 AM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
My parents are clicking on their invoice and can't find where to pay it online? I can't either, this is frustrating! I would make a ticket but I know they won't respond in a timely manner.

Also I had three recurring invoices set up and they all didn't make a new invoice (when it was set for today)!
I would do the ticket. It's something they have to fix on their end. My parents clicked to pay and the invoices said $0 and instead of their name it said they were logged in as....then it gave the name of the place they worked. I think some things migrated strangely.
MarinaVanessa 01:25 PM 12-19-2016
I'm having this same issue. I had created two invoices for a client that likes to pay two weeks in advance and then I tried KK. Now they can't pay any invoices. I sent in a ticket Friday morning and have yet to hear from them
Blackcat31 01:51 PM 12-19-2016
Here is the link to the thread regarding KidKare and the issues pertaining to KidKare and the change over from MMK.

Please post your issues/solutions/comments etc in that thread so that there is one place to reference for info and so that the front page isn't bogged down with multiple threads on the exact same issue/topic.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84948
Tags:class action, kid kare, kids kare calendar, minute menu, minute menu kids pro, mmk, mmk pro
Reply Up