Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Missing Sock Found!
Country Kids 02:21 PM 10-26-2012
We tore our house up Monday night looking for a missing sport sock. Could not find that puppy anywhere and was ready to buy another pair when hubs found a spare pair tucked away.

Fast forward today-dcc comes in with the sock-pleased as punch when they hand it to me. Was stuck in their clean pants they had been changed into yesterday.

It was so funny to watch them hand it to me! If they had been older they would have probably held for ransom-
Michael 02:26 PM 10-26-2012
You might have just debunked an urban legend. The tale of the missing sock.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/1577911...KC9QHMHQ9QTDR2
Country Kids 02:36 PM 10-26-2012
I was thinking later I might just write "Ode of the Missing Sock"-
Lyss 04:56 PM 10-26-2012
Can you ask yours if it saw all my missing socks out there in the big world?

My DD has 7 single socks floating around in her drawer, all sadly missing their partners and longing for their return. She's been wearing 2 different socks for the past two days now! I'm almost afraid to wash the 2 matching sets she has left!

I swear I'm just gonna start buying those Little Miss Matched socks that come with 3 to a pack, none matching just similar design or colors.
Springdaze 06:13 PM 10-26-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:

I swear I'm just gonna start buying those Little Miss Matched socks that come with 3 to a pack, none matching just similar design or colors.

My dd has a few sets of those and ya know what??? I cant find ONE of them!
she has one set of cheer sox that she needs for competition and I am scared to death to wash them!
Nickel 07:37 PM 10-26-2012
We also have a serious missing sock problem here. I don't even buy dd matching socks anymore. I get that pack of socks that are all different. SOOO much easier...

But funny story, I always joked about the washer eating the socks. A few months ago we had an error on our front load. When the mechanic came out to fix it he pulled out like 6 socks from the drain. It was so gross and they had to be tossed they smelled so bad. So now I got those mesh laundry bags, the small ones with zippers for like 97cents at walmart. Each person in my house has one and I have 2 for daycare toys. We put all our socks in those and we have fewer missing socks now. Although we still seem to lose them. Go figure
countrymom 04:39 AM 10-27-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:

My DD has 7 single socks floating around in her drawer, all sadly missing their partners and longing for their return. She's been wearing 2 different socks for the past two days now! I'm almost afraid to wash the 2 matching sets she has left!

we own socks from LMM and oddly they never dissappear, I just don't understand how the other socks seem too thou.
Bookworm 01:47 PM 10-27-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
We also have a serious missing sock problem here. I don't even buy dd matching socks anymore. I get that pack of socks that are all different. SOOO much easier...

But funny story, I always joked about the washer eating the socks. A few months ago we had an error on our front load. When the mechanic came out to fix it he pulled out like 6 socks from the drain. It was so gross and they had to be tossed they smelled so bad. So now I got those mesh laundry bags, the small ones with zippers for like 97cents at walmart. Each person in my house has one and I have 2 for daycare toys. We put all our socks in those and we have fewer missing socks now. Although we still seem to lose them. Go figure
OMG, that happened to my mom, too.
Crazy8 06:02 PM 10-27-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
My dd has a few sets of those and ya know what??? I cant find ONE of them!
she has one set of cheer sox that she needs for competition and I am scared to death to wash them!
this year they told us we need to hand wash our competition socks because they have gold glittery trim and they are afraid of them getting ruined. First thing I said was "well at least I don't have to worry about one disappearing in the wash!"
Scout 07:59 PM 10-27-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:

Also happened to me with a single sock last year!
MyAngels 08:31 PM 10-27-2012
I used to safety pin socks together before putting them in the wash just so I wouldn't have to match them up later.

When my boys played baseball I always bought a dozen pairs of their baseball socks at the beginning of the season and I swear by the end of the season we were lucky to find one useful pair. I never did figure out what in the world those boys were doing with those socks.
Tags:funny, socks
Reply Up