Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Funny of the Day,...
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05:02 PM 10-07-2009
a 3 yr old comes to me in tears, almost terrifyingly screaming that there was a finger nail on her toe,.. thinking someone picked theirs off I went over, scooped her up to remove the offending nail. Well,.. I had to smile pretty big when I got to her,..

she had just then noticed she "had" toenails.

she had never noticed before,.. I had to show her her other foot,.. then a couple kids feet, then finally mine before she was convinced that it was normal and no one had glued fingernails on her. she never realized they were on the ends of her toes before,..lol
GretasLittleFriends 05:26 PM 10-07-2009
That's hysterical!!! Just made my night to read that.
Unregistered 06:41 PM 10-07-2009
THAT is precious!!!
Unregistered 07:15 PM 10-07-2009
That's probably one of the funniest things I've heard in ages.
ecemom 03:20 PM 10-08-2009
Oh, I LOVE it!!
lmdc 06:41 PM 10-08-2009
that's too funny =)

here's another one for you...

this afternoon my 5 year old and 3 year old dc kiddos were sitting at the table coloring. the 3 year old (who has been having 'potty' issues) holds his stomach and cries "my belly hurts." the 5 year old looks at him concerned and asks "are you having your period?"....they are both boys, by the way...
sarahtheresa02 07:01 AM 10-09-2009
I had almost the same thing.

A little girl about 3 came to me crying about an upset tummy. Another little boy who is 4 said... "You should try to poop! That's what my mom tells me".
It cracked me up.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:36 AM 10-09-2009
having your period!!!! that is so funny!

here's another one for you...

this afternoon my 5 year old and 3 year old dc kiddos were sitting at the table coloring. the 3 year old (who has been having 'potty' issues) holds his stomach and cries "my belly hurts." the 5 year old looks at him concerned and asks "are you having your period?"....they are both boys, by the way...[/quote]
ttbj-w@netzro.net 04:37 PM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
a 3 yr old comes to me in tears, almost terrifyingly screaming that there was a finger nail on her toe,.. thinking someone picked theirs off I went over, scooped her up to remove the offending nail. Well,.. I had to smile pretty big when I got to her,..

she had just then noticed she "had" toenails.

she had never noticed before,.. I had to show her her other foot,.. then a couple kids feet, then finally mine before she was convinced that it was normal and no one had glued fingernails on her. she never realized they were on the ends of her toes before,..lol
That was just too cute.
Former Teacher 04:35 PM 11-22-2009
I laugh every time I think of this. I am a nanny to a wonderful family with a 22 month old. Mom works in the home upstairs so R and I stay downstairs. Well, R's parents do not want me to use time out, separation etc.., they want redirection yadda yadda. I agree to a point. I normally don't use t.o. but that's whole new thread haha

This is what I do: when R is having a bad day or is not getting his way, he throws his fit. All the while I just stare at him with a very straight face. When he realizes he is not getting any reaction he too will stare at me. I will say calmly : "Are you done?" He will suck up his tears and go on his merry little way.

Here is the funny part. One morning a few weeks ago, R just started to go wild. He was not listening, throwing toys, screaming etc.. Of course both mom and dad were upstairs. I kept on calmly talking with R about the rules. It was getting VERY frustrating to me because normally he is a really good boy. Well I kept on taking R to the couch and talking to him. After the umpteenth time, I again told him to stop throwing toys. I paused to catch my breath because I was so aggravated with R and he looked at me and said "done?" HAHAHA! I didn't want to laugh! I said firmly "no I am not done! You need to behave now go play!" Of course once he was turned away I laughed!

After that moment, I calmed down and R calmed down too. I still get a kick out of!
Tags:cute, funny, laugh
Reply Up