Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nice to hHve a Long Weekend, But.....
marniewon 06:19 AM 11-29-2010
THESE KIDS ARE SO OFF SCHEDULE I'D RATHER NOT HAVE THE LONG WEEKEND!!! Okay, sorry for shouting, but that's my mood right now! Monday's are bad enough, but after the kids are with their parents for 4 days straight, they don't even know how to behave anymore!

Although, to be honest, it's only one that "forgets" the schedule every Monday, but it's my screamer, so he's enough!
ddnanny13 06:30 AM 11-29-2010
Agreed! Mine all came with colds, tempers, and crabby pants on today! My own is usually the whiner and he is the good one today! What is that makes kids do this??
marniewon 06:58 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by ddnanny13:
Agreed! Mine all came with colds, tempers, and crabby pants on today! My own is usually the whiner and he is the good one today! What is that makes kids do this??
No schedule/structure at home .
countrymom 07:27 AM 11-29-2010
I took a 4 day holiday because I went shopping too (thats what happens when you live super close to the michigan border) but today, I have a child who won't stop hitting, another that is tattle telling so bad and another who, apparently didn't get changed all weekend because her but is red, the other kid so far is fine. I don't understand why parents can't keep their kids on scheduals.
SilverSabre25 08:10 AM 11-29-2010
I know what you mean...

Only 2 dcks so far (the last comes in half an hour)--one is SUPER crabby and inconsolable (he got an early nap), one is pretty normal and par for the course (2.5 yo boy: loud, rambunctious, and determined to drive my DD up the wall), and one who didn't come because he got a splint and sling on his arm yesterday. Mom called me and asked if I wanted him to come today and explained what happened (they think it's nursemaid's elbow but couldn't pop it back into place, hence the splint/sling for a week until they see an orthopedic surgeon) and I said that it'd be better for him to stay home today (his next day is Wednesday) since our play is pretty rough and tumble and it just happened less than 24 hours ago. By Wednesday, I figure he'll be used to the sling.
Unregistered 08:30 AM 11-29-2010
I had to laugh, 2 of my 5 Mom's came in and actually CRIED because they couldn't control their own children. One of them said she almost called me in tears yesterday.

I guess I shouldn't laugh, but really??? You have 4 days with your child and it reduces you to actual tears. That is just sad.
CKSher 10:00 AM 11-29-2010
I agree it is so hard to recover from vacations!! I had one mom tell me this morning that her son was off the wall all weekend and she couldn't wait for Monday to come so she could drop him off at daycare! Luckily he hasn't been too bad today.
Live and Learn 11:50 AM 11-29-2010
It is just an odd day...

1) 1 lil guy just didn't show up...no prob...I am already paid for today!
2) 1 lil guy I wasn't expecting Mom kept him home sick today...no prob...I am already paid for today!
3) 1 lil guy...my screamer arrived screaming and got picked up early due to parent's work schedule...felt hot...didn't take temp but I sure will tomorrow if he comes.
4) 1 lil guy...super sweet and happy as usual!

Calgon, take me away.
Tags:long weekend, schedule
Reply Up