Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Adjusting to New Daycare Kids?
Unregistered 08:51 AM 03-29-2010
I have a new DCB he is 4 months old he was with a stay at home Mom before and he wasnt on a shecdule I am all about the shecdule he has been here 4 weeks now and Im having a hard time getting him on a feeding and napping schedule Mom says she is working on it at home too. He use to cat nap alot before and I dont like the cat nap unless its in the morning and evening naps. My kids where on a shecdule by 3 months and all my daycare kids I had from 6 weeks where on a shecdule by 3 months also. Any suggestions would be great. He naps at 8:30 to 9, then 10:30 to 11 or 11:30 Im trying to get him to nap 11:00 to 1 or 1:30 and then he naps from 4:00 to 4:30 his eating is always off to he has a feeding at home around 7 then comes here I try to hold him off to 10 but he is usually straving by 9:30 then he eats a 12, then 3 Im trying to hold him off so he will eat at 10,1, and 4 it might be because he is breastfed he cant go as long but Mom says he can go 3 hours each feeding but im finding it hard to hold him off. Mom also admits to letting him sleep on her chest and holds him alot as she knows I can not do this nor can I hold him alot as I have other kids in daycare so I have to let him cry if I know he isnt hungry, wet, or gassy but when I told her this she looked shocked like I was doing some awful thing it doesnt hurt a baby to let them cry it out but I didnt wanna tell her that. Any suggestions on getting DCB on shecdule? Thanks.
kitkat 11:36 AM 03-29-2010
I think 4 months is a little young to be on a set schedule. Let him figure out his own schedule and go from there. He'll settle into a routine that works for him.
newtoeverything 12:31 PM 03-29-2010
Try to keep him entertained until nap time. My 5 mnth old dcb takes a nap in the morning and probably would sleep for hours unless I woke him up after 1 hour. Then I put him down with the other kids at 12. He is kinda tired before then, but I keep him awake. He does need to be on a schedule and it's starting to work out good.
DBug 04:04 PM 03-29-2010
I started wearing my own kids in a backpack baby carrier at 4 months (I'm not fond of front carriers). Any chance that will help? Either he'll be interested in what's going on and stay awake until you want him to nap, or he'll be lulled to sleep by your movement and be able to sleep on his own schedule. I always preferred a back carrier, because you can still cook, help a toddler on the toilet, sing, dance, change diapers, etc., safely and without the baby getting in the way. Just a thought ...
Tags:4 month old, schedule
Reply Up