Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hoping To Get Through The Day Sane
melissa ann 06:20 AM 01-16-2012
I hope I'm prepared enough for the day. Since there is no school, I have the 2 not so well behaved s/a girls, as welll as their little brother and my own 2 kids. We already have one project done. Well, they are in the freezer. We collected leaves, berries, sticks etc and then put them in a small alum. pie pie, about 1/3 filled with water (I sprayed it first with pam, so it will slide out when frozed) put them in the freezer. this afternoon we will take them out and have our own suncatchers. I also have 2 projects for MLk (from funsteps, that was given to me). We also have bread going in the bread machine. We are going to have french bread pizza for lunch. The kids will help. I also invested $15 and got 3 pot holder weaving kits. My dd got one for Christmas and loves it. My 4 yr son also loves it. So I got one for each dcg and for my son. That should keep them occupied for awhile. The refills also cost $5. Maybe this afternoon we will watch a movie and make popcorn. IT's too cold to go outside. Right now, it's like 18 degrees
momofboys 06:22 AM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I hope I'm prepared enough for the day. Since there is no school, I have the 2 not so well behaved s/a girls, as welll as their little brother and my own 2 kids. We already have one project done. Well, they are in the freezer. We collected leaves, berries, sticks etc and then put them in a small alum. pie pie, about 1/3 filled with water (I sprayed it first with pam, so it will slide out when frozed) put them in the freezer. this afternoon we will take them out and have our own suncatchers. I also have 2 projects for MLk (from funsteps, that was given to me). We also have bread going in the bread machine. We are going to have french bread pizza for lunch. The kids will help. I also invested $15 and got 3 pot holder weaving kits. My dd got one for Christmas and loves it. My 4 yr son also loves it. So I got one for each dcg and for my son. That should keep them occupied for awhile. The refills also cost $5. Maybe this afternoon we will watch a movie and make popcorn. IT's too cold to go outside. Right now, it's like 18 degrees
Wow, you are amazing!!!! The suncatcher idea is very cool - way to keeo them busy! Hope your day goes quick. Any chance of you being able to get rid of the SA with new clients?
melissa ann 06:36 AM 01-16-2012
Thank you. The dckids need a lot of structure. They can NOT handle free play.
I'm trying to get new younger kids. My own kids really want them to go. My dd and the one girl have know it each since kindy and goes Girl scouts together. (They are in 1st grade now)
awestbrook713 12:50 PM 01-16-2012
I realized that free play is a lot of my problem on stressful days, I like to let the kids have a lot of say in what they do but once they start getting out of control I have to reel them back in with story time or a structured activity. I had 8 altogether today, down to my last 2 which should be gone in the next hour(not like I'm counting down lol) I was worried I wouldn't make it through sane either, didn't help my day started with my sister having an accident and totalling her car, thank god mondays almost over!!
DCMom 12:55 PM 01-16-2012
I LOVE the suncatcher idea

I was all prepared for a houseful of schoolaged mixed with preschoolers & toddlers ~ then they decided to play nice all day togetherwith virtually no help from me! Heck, even quiet time is relatively quiet.

Go figure
Tags:chaos, overwhelmed, stressed
Reply Up