Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Breach Of Confidentiality??
frazzledInOR 07:52 PM 07-27-2009
Hello there I have a question about a daycare/preschool in the state of AZ (it is liscensed, not in home) I am a guardian of 2 children (which I and they now live in OR) that previously went to the daycare their mother worked at. I have been trying to get their shot records (the mother has been no help and refuses to help in any sort of way) so I called their previous daycare and left my contact info for the appropriate person to contact me back. I later received a call from someone at the facility, I told her who I was, who the children were and that I was trying to locate their shot records. She stated she knew who the mother and children were and they no longer have the records as she mailed them to the mother before she left the state. I said thank you and that was the end of the 1 minute phone call. About 2 weeks later I get threatening phone calls from the childrens mother stating how I called the daycare bad mouthing her and saying how she doesnt deserve the children, mistreats them, etc. She told me that the person who I talked to (which from what the children tell me doesn't care for their mother too much) told her all of this, and also another person from the facility. She has been creating many problems and is now involving the children, telling them I am a horrible person, etc. The unfortunate problem is, the person who lied and told the mother lies about what I said is the daughter of the owner of the facility. Long story short, I am just wondering if there was a confidentiality breach of some sort. Or what I am able to do, I just would like some type of appology or action to be taken to the people who are creating all this "drama"

any info would greatly be appreciated...
Thanks in advance
GretasLittleFriends 10:40 PM 07-27-2009
The best advice I can give to you would be to write the pediatrician the children went to in order to get a copy of their shot records. You may have to provide a copy of proof that you are their legal guardian in order to gain a copy.

As for the drama at the previous daycare, just remind yourself there is a reason that you have the children and do what you need to keep them safe and secure. If the mother continues with the threatening phone calls you should consider law enforcement assistance.

As far as the apology goes, I'm sorry to say but there are immature adults all over the world, and I wouldn't hold your breath for an apology.
frazzledInOR 11:28 PM 07-27-2009
unfortunately the mother moved around more than I change my socks, which is the main reason why I have them in the first place. I've called everywhere I can think of to find shot records and have had no luck whatsoever. I even called the states health dept and nothing. Thanks for the reply though
mac60 03:01 AM 07-28-2009
If they were done at the county health department, they should have records of them there. I would also contact/write medical centers around where the children have lived.

As far as the statements. Do you think that possibly the mother is lieing about it to just stir up trouble, or do you really think the comments were said. I would be leary to believe the mother.
Chickenhauler 02:39 PM 08-02-2009
About Drama Queens.......

Best way to disarm a drama queen is to not pay any attention to them. Ignore them.

They are merely grown up children who used to throw "Look at me" tantrums in public places, and nobody called them on their crap and straightened them out.

You do what needs to be done, and ignore their drama.
Tags:agreement, breach, confidentiality
Reply Up