Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just About Done...
jen 08:56 AM 12-04-2010
I am just so beyond irritated. I had a free PNO for the parents, I do every year during the Holidays. One parent showed up 45 minutes late to pick up this morning and she, as well as two other families "forgot" to pay their daycare bill.

It just makes me sick and sad.

These are nice families who I know appreciate me and really appreciated the night out, but don't think beyond that.

I am feeling like I am about done with daycare. I plan on finishing up the school year and then looking outside the home. Daycare has been very successful for me. I am making well over $1000/week but I just can't do the hours any more. I want my house back! I'm sick of things being ruined...at least once a week I have to remind people not to walk on the stairs with wet boots or let the kids ring the doorbell at 6:30am as my kids are asleep. I think that the truly believe that:

a) I love their kids so much that I don't mind if they are late picking up
b) If they forget to pay, it's not a huge deal, they can get me on Monday (which the do, its just inconvenient to make an extra trip to the bank)
c) They let their kids jump on the couch, run through the landscaping, so why shouldn't they do it here? Totally different if ONE child does it, as compared to 10!!!!

Stick a fork in my, I'm done
sahm1225 01:01 PM 12-04-2010
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>

sometimes I think you are right and they truly believe that... I've had parents say "I ran out of checks, so I guess no payment til they come in"... Unbelievable
momofboys 01:39 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
I am just so beyond irritated. I had a free PNO for the parents, I do every year during the Holidays. One parent showed up 45 minutes late to pick up this morning and she, as well as two other families "forgot" to pay their daycare bill.

It just makes me sick and sad.

These are nice families who I know appreciate me and really appreciated the night out, but don't think beyond that.

I am feeling like I am about done with daycare. I plan on finishing up the school year and then looking outside the home. Daycare has been very successful for me. I am making well over $1000/week but I just can't do the hours any more. I want my house back! I'm sick of things being ruined...at least once a week I have to remind people not to walk on the stairs with wet boots or let the kids ring the doorbell at 6:30am as my kids are asleep. I think that the truly believe that:

a) I love their kids so much that I don't mind if they are late picking up
b) If they forget to pay, it's not a huge deal, they can get me on Monday (which the do, its just inconvenient to make an extra trip to the bank)
c) They let their kids jump on the couch, run through the landscaping, so why shouldn't they do it here? Totally different if ONE child does it, as compared to 10!!!!

Stick a fork in my, I'm done
It is hard when you don't feel the mutual respect from the parents. It can get furstrating when parents don't pay & take you for granted.
MARSTELAC 09:33 AM 12-07-2010
Stick a fork in me,,,,i want to be done too! this has been the day from H E Double toothpicks!!!!!!!
jen 10:08 AM 12-07-2010
Thanks everybody!

Knowing I will be done in the near future helps alot...my kids are thrilled. I am going to start grad school and try to get a job in my field (psychology related) in the meantime. I love working with kids, parents, not so much.
jen 10:09 AM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
Stick a fork in me,,,,i want to be done too! this has been the day from H E Double toothpicks!!!!!!!
Hugs! Here is to tomorrow being a better day!
Cedar 11:32 AM 12-07-2010
Oh tis the season when everyone is buying presents and not paying bills! I have the same problem here and it isn't okay. As for the disrespect of late pick ups and walking through the house with shoes on...I totally get it and I would LOVE to show up at their house and stomp through their garden and walk through their house with shoes on!

Hang in there...there is always tomorrow! ha, ha, ha...
Tags:non-payment
Reply Up