Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Got To Drop This Weight!
Brooksie 06:31 AM 08-02-2013
Over the past couple months I've been steadily noticing a change in my body. I was scared to weigh myself so I could stay in denial. But yep... I did it. I gained 10 lbs. It may not sound like much but its 10 lbs over a weight that I had accepted but had wanted to lower. I haven't weighed this much since I was losing weight from my pregnancy. I know what I did wrong. My boy friend doesn't eat healthy. Although I've been able to introduce a lot of vegetables to his diet, making a slow transition, he still has to eat them with bacon and Parmesan cheese. We eat a lot of protein and carbs. I've been making him epic sandwiches for lunch than making one for myself too, why not right? All the stuff is out. On top of that he drinks soda and tea which is fine, but when its in the house I drink it too. I used to eat vegetable stir-fry or just saute some asparagus or zucchini probably 4-5 nights a week. Now its burgers and steak and pizza. Jeez.

He says he hasn't noticed a change in my body but I certainly have. My arms are thicker. I'm totally bloated from not drinking enough water that I look 4 months pregnant. And my face is starting to fill out a bit.

I just told him last night I'm going back to making more vegetables. I need to find the motivation to work out at naptime again. And I just downloaded an app that reminds my to keep drinking water throughout the day. Any other suggestions? Any one else in this boat?
MotherNature 06:39 AM 08-02-2013
Try a paleo lifestyle-no dairy, no sugar other than raw honey and maple syrup, and no grains or beans. I'm down 30 lbs. w/o exercise Good luck!
MCC 06:46 AM 08-02-2013
I just made this decision a couple weeks ago as well. I have gained 30 lbs since I started doing daycare last August. I was already overweight then, so now I'm pushing 80lbs overweight...

I decided the only way I would stick to it is if I was being held accountable, so I joined Weight watchers. I know it's not for everyone, but it has worked great so far, I'm down 15lbs in 3 weeks! Huge eye opener as to how much junk I was actually eating too.

As far as water, I got a large 32 oz water bottle and make sure I finish one before lunch, and then one before pick up, so I'm drinking 64oz a day. It has really helped, as I would much rather drink diet coke all day.
Zoe 06:47 AM 08-02-2013
Yes I gained about 15 pounds after I left teaching and started doing daycare. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app and actually kept track of what I was eating every day. By allowing myself a certain number of calories a day (which once I started buying more healthy food it wasn't that hard) and by walking around with my daycare kiddos I lost the weight over 5 months. The hardest part is now maintaining it! I love junk food, I just can't help it. So I have to make sure that if I eat a hot dog for lunch, then supper needs to be better!

Check out myfitnesspal. It really helps
Brooksie 07:00 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Yes I gained about 15 pounds after I left teaching and started doing daycare. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app and actually kept track of what I was eating every day. By allowing myself a certain number of calories a day (which once I started buying more healthy food it wasn't that hard) and by walking around with my daycare kiddos I lost the weight over 5 months. The hardest part is now maintaining it! I love junk food, I just can't help it. So I have to make sure that if I eat a hot dog for lunch, then supper needs to be better!

Check out myfitnesspal. It really helps
Awesome! I think I will check that out. Sounds like it allows a balance if you choose something not so healthy.

The app I use for water is Water Your Body. I like it and so far I've doubled my water intake by using it. Still not up to what I need but I just picked up some lemons and having that in my water makes it easier to drink. I like flavor. lol
LoraJenkins 07:15 AM 08-02-2013
I, too, need to drop weight. I am almost at my all time high AGAIN. I have PCOS and was told to watch carbs closely by my doctor. And I know I need to do it but it is so darn expensive! Buying the extra meats just isn't in our budget. Let alone fixing 1 meal for me and another for everyone else...3 meals a day. I have to find a way to make it work....I have 50 pounds to lose!
kathiemarie 07:29 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Awesome! I think I will check that out. Sounds like it allows a balance if you choose something not so healthy.

The app I use for water is Water Your Body. I like it and so far I've doubled my water intake by using it. Still not up to what I need but I just picked up some lemons and having that in my water makes it easier to drink. I like flavor. lol
To up my water intake I bought some Dasani flavor enhancers. It helps a lot.
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 08-02-2013
My fitness pal is awesome!

As far as dieting goes, please don't find a diet to try out just to lose weight. If you do, you ARE going to lose weight but you will need to continue eating that way forever so when people simply cut out carbs and lose weight they think "great!" but then if they eat carbs again, they end up gaining the weight back again....

The word "dieting" is the WORST thing that ever happened to humans.

We should never diet but we should eat a healthy diet. See the difference?

Eating healthier shouldn't be about just the foods you intake but should be about your overall lifestyle and how you eat/exercise ALL THE TIME.

My DH got Type 1 insulin diabetes 6 years ago. It was a blessing in disguise for my whole family.

Since then we have learned to eat better overall and we don't diet. We eat a better diet, one rich in veggies, fruits and whole grains.

We don't eat junk food, fast food soda or white sugar.

We don't deny ourselves anything but eat things that aren't so great in moderation. Depriving yourself of something only makes you want it more.

The first change we made was to eliminate white foods. No white flour, potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar or bread. We still eat those things but not the white versions. Made a HUGE difference right off.

My DH's doctor says ideally if everyone ate the way a diabetic SHOULD eat, we'd all be healthier.
LoraJenkins 08:07 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

As far as dieting goes, please don't find a diet to try out just to lose weight. If you do, you ARE going to lose weight but you will need to continue eating that way forever so when people simply cut out carbs and lose weight they think "great!" but then if they eat carbs again, they end up gaining the weight back again....
Oh, I agree with you totally Blackcat. The lower carb I was referring to is a diabetic diet. Something I am supposed to follow for the rest of my life. Not the Atkins type of plan, no one could stick to that for life...not healthy. Believe me, I tried it, lost 70 lbs and gained it all back within a year. Don't want to do that again. LOL
MyAngels 08:23 AM 08-02-2013

The word "dieting" is the WORST thing that ever happened to humans.

We should never diet but we should eat a healthy diet. See the difference?

Eating healthier shouldn't be about just the foods you intake but should be about your overall lifestyle and how you eat/exercise ALL THE TIME.

My DH got Type 1 insulin diabetes 6 years ago. It was a blessing in disguise for my whole family.

Since then we have learned to eat better overall and we don't diet. We eat a better diet, one rich in veggies, fruits and whole grains.

We don't eat junk food, fast food soda or white sugar.

We don't deny ourselves anything but eat things that aren't so great in moderation. Depriving yourself of something only makes you want it more.

The first change we made was to eliminate white foods. No white flour, potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar or bread. We still eat those things but not the white versions. Made a HUGE difference right off.

My DH's doctor says ideally if everyone ate the way a diabetic SHOULD eat, we'd all be healthier.

I used Sparkpeople.com when I finally decided a couple of years ago that I needed to lose weight. It has all kinds of trackers, but it also has an absolute ton of information, recipes, motivation, etc. It's all free, too . I still go back there when I find myself slipping into my old, lifelong habits.
preschoolteacher 08:32 AM 08-02-2013
I totally know what you mean about gaining weight in part because of your boyfriend. I put on weight once I started spending more time with my boyfriend (now husband). I'd cook a meal and serve us the same portion sizes. Cheese on everything?? Why not?!

I really love the Paleo way of eating. Some people call it eating whole foods. Basically, you only eat "real" foods--things like animal protein (meat, seafood, fish), fruit, vegetables, and nuts.

The first step to going towards eating healthy like this for me was to cut out the man-made, super-processed food like fake cheese, candy, chips, pop/soda, and so on. After that became normal for me, I cut out things like Lean Cuisine or frozen dinners, canned soup, and other packaged food because it is so high in sodium and not fresh at all. THEN, I started limiting other processed foods that people generally think are good for you (bread, pasta, yogurt)... and when I do eat these, I eat gluten free (no wheat).

My husband agreed to move towards eating this way after I cooked him Paleo meals and he realized that he still got his steak--and for breakfast, bacon and eggs!

I find myself feeling so much more satisfied after a meal. I don't have cravings anymore. I also have a lot of energy! I dropped 15 pounds without exercising...

And I don't eat this way all the time, but maybe about 75% of the time. Everyone needs a REAL chocolate chip cookie every now and again! I also like that I don't have to count calories or use a tracker. For me, that's not going to happen. I never keep up with it!

Good luck! Wishing you the best.
MsLaura529 08:40 AM 08-02-2013
I am struggling with it, too. I weighed myself yesterday and discovered that, after losing 16 pounds last summer, I have gained it all back plus 8 more - putting me right back where I was the day I brought my DD home from the hospital - yuck!

Last summer, when I had a bunch of success, I was using myfitnesspal and working out - I had almost become obsessed. Now, I just cannot get back into it. I have lost ALL of my gusto and self control. It is so frustrating.

I don't want to lose the weight just to look skinnier ... I NEED to lose the weight and start making better choices because of my high cholesterol (it runs in the family). I want to avoid having to go on the medicine, which my brother just had to go off of because it was hurting his liver. I need a lifestyle change.

A big thing I need to start doing is drinking my water ... I can go all day without drinking any water, and know it's horrible for me. What app did you download?
Brooksie 08:47 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I am struggling with it, too. I weighed myself yesterday and discovered that, after losing 16 pounds last summer, I have gained it all back plus 8 more - putting me right back where I was the day I brought my DD home from the hospital - yuck!

Last summer, when I had a bunch of success, I was using myfitnesspal and working out - I had almost become obsessed. Now, I just cannot get back into it. I have lost ALL of my gusto and self control. It is so frustrating.

I don't want to lose the weight just to look skinnier ... I NEED to lose the weight and start making better choices because of my high cholesterol (it runs in the family). I want to avoid having to go on the medicine, which my brother just had to go off of because it was hurting his liver. I need a lifestyle change.

A big thing I need to start doing is drinking my water ... I can go all day without drinking any water, and know it's horrible for me. What app did you download?
That's exactly what happens with me. I'm so go go go go with the kids that I forget to drink any water at all. Then at the end of the day I would have a soda or drink tea. I downloaded "Water Your Body" and I just started on Monday with it and was still having trouble with it and only reaching half my goal for my weight. But this morning I've already reached half my goal and its only 11:45
coolconfidentme 09:02 AM 08-02-2013
RUN!!!!!
I run & it's the best thing for weight control & peace of mind. You don't have to go fast or far. Run some, then walk some. Get your breath & run some more.
daycare 09:09 AM 08-02-2013
I second the paleo..... I eat this way, have for years....... I do run and lift weights, but I got my leanest while eating this way...

and yes you can drop massive amounts of weight eating this way without ever getting off the couch.....WHICH I don't recommend not participating in some form of exercise, even if it is only walking

BTW Paleo is a way of life...........

here's a link that I just looked up to give you an idea..

http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-diet-recipes/
Michelle 09:19 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I second the paleo..... I eat this way, have for years....... I do run and lift weights, but I got my leanest while eating this way...

and yes you can drop massive amounts of weight eating this way without ever getting off the couch.....WHICH I don't recommend not participating in some form of exercise, even if it is only walking

O.k. so paleo means no white flour or process food?
but you can have meat.. organic, fee range.. I'm assuming?
MsLaura529 09:21 AM 08-02-2013

Thanks for the link! I've been wanting to look into paleo, but don't know where to start - or how to start. I've been talking to my husband about it, and he's not sure it sounds so great for him. He cannot eat veggies too much because of his Ulcerative Colitis. I feel like there's a way for both of us to do this (we cannot do two separate grocery tips and two separate meals all the time), I just have to research it more.
Brooksie 09:34 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
RUN!!!!!
I run & it's the best thing for weight control & peace of mind. You don't have to go fast or far. Run some, then walk some. Get your breath & run some more.
I wish I could run. Single mom. No opportunity. By the time I'm off work its errands, dinner, bath and bed time. Then I'm stuck. Cant really leave dd sleeping unsupervised. lol and I dont have the money for a tred mill.... or the space. But I wish I could. Last summer I started running with my girlfriend and we we doing really good and looking even better. Just don't have the opportunity any more.
Laurel 09:35 AM 08-02-2013
I haven't read the other replies but one thing I came to realize is not to worry about what other people are eating.

Your boyfriend and my husband can eat anything they want and if they don't like what we cook (if we cook), they can cook (or rather throw some pizza rolls in the oven ) or bring home takeout. I 'used' to think this was a partner thing. AND mine better not EVER make light of what I am eating again. No more irritating comments about my cabbage smelling either. He can sit with his diabetes and eat his candy. He is an adult and can make his own choices.

I have learned that I am only responsible for ME. I don't make two meals anymore. If he doesn't want to eat my food then he can figure out something. If everyone wants pizza, I make my own food and eat it with them (extended family dinners). If it is too tempting I either eat a little or go to another room and eat cause I am committed to this. My husband is great but he has diabetes and I'll be darned if I'm going to get it.

That said, I lost 30 lbs. and have kept it off for years. I have been trying to get my last 10 off for a couple of years. Gained back 5 but lost some recently so have 7 more to get off for me to reach my final goal.

ALL diet works as long as one does them. I've done all kinds and they all worked...until I went off of them.

My most recent attempt at those last 15 was from a trainer who was a trainer on The Biggest Loser t.v. show, Bob Harper. I just love his book called 'The Skinny Rules'. I followed it to the letter for 1 month and now know the concepts by heart. I also just loved reading the book. I think an authoritative man is sexy and he is plus he cares, you can tell. You can find the book on amazon.com and read the overwhelming positive reviews on it.

Anyway, good luck! (although it isn't really luck)

Laurel
Brooksie 09:37 AM 08-02-2013
Oh no!!! I just remembered there is a cook-out, pool get together at my boyfriends boss's house this weekend. Shoot.... Not sure if I can bikini up this weekend but we are taking DD and I KNOW she's going to make me get in the pool. oh noo....... now I'm dreading it! *cough cough* I think I'm coming down with something, ladies.
daycare 09:46 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Thanks for the link! I've been wanting to look into paleo, but don't know where to start - or how to start. I've been talking to my husband about it, and he's not sure it sounds so great for him. He cannot eat veggies too much because of his Ulcerative Colitis. I feel like there's a way for both of us to do this (we cannot do two separate grocery tips and two separate meals all the time), I just have to research it more.
its much easier than you think....think about it this way....
think about not buying anything that comes pre-packaged. think about eating like the cavemen did....

my whole family is heath crazy...

we all eat sooooo different.

I am total vegan......no meat, no dairy, low carb 100% paleo
Husband and oldest son, football player are HUGE protein eaters, very low carb 50% paleo

daughter is 15 and is on a private cheer team. she eats more like me, but eats meat.

I am not going to lie, between protein powders and the food we eat, we spend as a family of 5 (i also have a little guy) about $7-800 a month on our food.

I have been growing my own food, it's mostly buying organic meats and those darn protein powder shakes. I do also have a protein shake every morning before I even go to the bathroom......

I tell people when they go grocery shopping, only go on the outside isles. If you think about it. Everything on the inside is food you don't need to eating.....

Paleo, means no manufactured food at all......
daycare 09:47 AM 08-02-2013
Oh no!!! I just remembered there is a cook-out, pool get together at my boyfriends boss's house this weekend. Shoot.... Not sure if I can bikini up this weekend but we are taking DD and I KNOW she's going to make me get in the pool. oh noo....... now I'm dreading it! *cough cough* I think I'm coming down with something, ladies.
nnnnaah you can do what I do....just wear your bathing suit cover up or a tank top over it....
Blackcat31 09:53 AM 08-02-2013
nnnnaah you can do what I do....just wear your bathing suit cover up or a tank top over it....
Why not just buy an appropriate bathing suit that flatters the way you look right now?

Covering up or wearing something that isn't flattering to your body size and shape only tells others that you are ashamed of the way you look.....that attitude is what got our country where it is today with the belief that women HAVE to be a size 3 in order to be beautiful.

Beauty has NOTHING to do with body shape or size and covering up only reinforces Hollywood's idea of beauty and perfection.

Why not be proud of who you are and what you look like....after all, the reason most of us look like we do is because we carried and had children....our proudest accompliments....riiiight????
Brooksie 09:59 AM 08-02-2013
In the pool?! I have sensory issues. lmao I think I would be claustrophobic with a wet shirt clinging to me My boyfriend would probably make fun of me too, the jerk. Generally I don't bat an eye about getting in a bikini or not being covered (in an appropriate setting). But its different in the presence of this company. His boss is a body builder. I can't imagine what his wife looks like. Probably gorgeous. My boyfriend works at a very successful tattoo shop so every one is covered and confident. And these people are pretty well off. Bobby was just over there a few weeks ago helping his boss install a sauna must be nice next to his huge in ground pool. I'll feel mildly inferior for sure. lol
daycare 10:01 AM 08-02-2013
Why not just buy an appropriate bathing suit that flatters the way you look right now?

Covering up or wearing something that isn't flattering to your body size and shape only tells others that you are ashamed of the way you look.....that attitude is what got our country where it is today with the belief that women HAVE to be a size 3 in order to be beautiful.

Beauty has NOTHING to do with body shape or size and covering up only reinforces Hollywood's idea of beauty and perfection.

Why not be proud of who you are and what you look like....after all, the reason most of us look like we do is because we carried and had children....our proudest accompliments....riiiight????
why go spend money on a bathing suit that you WONT (becuase your going to drop weight) fit into the next time you go swimming...save your money and push yourself to drop the weight to keep the one that you have.

I don't care what other people think of me...I don't care that if wearing a cover means that people think that I am insecure, that is there problem, not mine. I could go buy a new bathing suit that I feel great in and others may still have issues with it...Really, I don't care.......

I am in NO way ashamed of my body, but sometimes I don't feel like a sun tan, don't feel like I want to show my body. I see nothing wrong with just being comfortable dressing however you see fit at that time....
daycare 10:05 AM 08-02-2013
In the pool?! I have sensory issues. lmao I think I would be claustrophobic with a wet shirt clinging to me My boyfriend would probably make fun of me too, the jerk. Generally I don't bat an eye about getting in a bikini or not being covered (in an appropriate setting). But its different in the presence of this company. His boss is a body builder. I can't imagine what his wife looks like. Probably gorgeous. My boyfriend works at a very successful tattoo shop so every one is covered and confident. And these people are pretty well off. Bobby was just over there a few weeks ago helping his boss install a sauna must be nice next to his huge in ground pool. I'll feel mildly inferior for sure. lol
I can feel you...My husband owns a fitness company and all and I mean all of our friends come from there, or they are doctors, or fire fighters.....

Don't belive me I will show you our recent trip to vegas where you can see that every single person in the pic has a 6 pack...... so when I feel a little bloated, I know one of our friends will notice, but they would never say anything. Plus if they did I would probably smack them.

I have board shorts and board surf tank....they are made for the water....

One thing that I do hate is that because I obtained a very fit body for such a very long time that it is expected of me and I am getting sick of that...
daycarediva 10:10 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
I, too, need to drop weight. I am almost at my all time high AGAIN. I have PCOS and was told to watch carbs closely by my doctor. And I know I need to do it but it is so darn expensive! Buying the extra meats just isn't in our budget. Let alone fixing 1 meal for me and another for everyone else...3 meals a day. I have to find a way to make it work....I have 50 pounds to lose!
I have PCOS, two doctors and a nutritionist told me the same thing.... to MAINTAIN my weight, I need to limit my carbs to 50g/day or less. It is SUPER hard. I eat a LOT of eggs, during daycare days, I do protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and usually JUST chicken and salad for dinner.
Brooksie 10:13 AM 08-02-2013

BOOM! That's the spirit!!

You're right. I'm gonna suck it up. At least I have great legs! And while I do sit here and complain about this extra 10 lbs I'm still only a size 5 ( Don't hurt me!) Its not about getting to a certain size or even necessarily a weight, but it is being able to feel better about myself. And the way I have been caring for myself makes me feel gross and lazy. I used to be so healthy and felt great, even though I'm not CLOSE to what I was before my baby. I honestly like my post baby body better than pre baby (expect for the boobs lol). I was a stick with no hips or butt before. Now I have a curve to me. Its just I can tell I'm slipping back into bad habits. Need to take care of myself so at the end of the day I'm no disappointed with how I feel.
daycarediva 10:18 AM 08-02-2013
I can feel you...My husband owns a fitness company and all and I mean all of our friends come from there, or they are doctors, or fire fighters.....

Don't belive me I will show you our recent trip to vegas where you can see that every single person in the pic has a 6 pack...... so when I feel a little bloated, I know one of our friends will notice, but they would never say anything. Plus if they did I would probably smack them.

I have board shorts and board surf tank....they are made for the water....

One thing that I do hate is that because I obtained a very fit body for such a very long time that it is expected of me and I am getting sick of that...
I hate this, too. I was taken off the metformin for PCOS this year and gained 10lbs, I'm only 5'1" on a good day, so it shows big time, EVERY SINGLE PERSON commented on it. Not even in negative ways, either (well some were) my Mom said "****, have you been missing the gym?" and she KNOWS about my PCOS AND going off the meds because she helped me get the diagnosis when I was 13 and bleeding for two weeks straight, growing weird body hair and gained 45lbs in a year WHILE exercising and eating right! ARGH! DUH!
daycarediva 10:20 AM 08-02-2013
btw- daycare, I think I would ADORE you in real life! Paleo, no processed food diet, fitness minded, with a daycare!

My BIL was a firefighter. Everyone wanted in on his friends pool parties.
LoraJenkins 10:25 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have PCOS, two doctors and a nutritionist told me the same thing.... to MAINTAIN my weight, I need to limit my carbs to 50g/day or less. It is SUPER hard. I eat a LOT of eggs, during daycare days, I do protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and usually JUST chicken and salad for dinner.
Doesn't PCOS just suck??? I have to go below 30 grams of carbs a day to lose weight and at around 65 grams I start gaining FAST. Metformin helps some. My biggest downfall is finding time to exercise. Have an elliptical in my room collecting dust.
Josiegirl 10:40 AM 08-02-2013
I am one who 'eats my feelings' and daycare kids leave us with a whole lotta feelings. Not to mention access to a kitchen filled with food. I need to jump on the bandwagon and lose some weight but the inspiration hasn't hit me lately.
daycare 11:39 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
btw- daycare, I think I would ADORE you in real life! Paleo, no processed food diet, fitness minded, with a daycare!

My BIL was a firefighter. Everyone wanted in on his friends pool parties.
Hhah fire fighter are hot!!! Lol

My only cheat on the paleo is hummus. I do make it myself, but it's not considered palieo.....

Wish you lived closer. Everyone thinks I have an eating disorder or I'm a snob. Lol no neither one just eat paleo.
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 08-02-2013
why go spend money on a bathing suit that you WONT (becuase your going to drop weight) fit into the next time you go swimming...save your money and push yourself to drop the weight to keep the one that you have.....
Because my reply was in regards to Brooksie not wanting to wear a swim suit THIS weekend....not enough time to wait until she fits in it...

Way too many women do the whole wait until I fit into it thing..... 99.9% of the time, it doesn't happen that way anyways.

By the time someone loses the weight and gets healthy, the suit is no longer fashionable or they are a completely different body shape than they were previously and can't wear the old suit anyways.

Don't you ever watch "What Not to Wear" ? The hosts say the BIGGEST mistake women make when wanting to lose weight is keeping clothing that they USED to fit into. (for the reasons I mentioned above...shape change, out of date etc)

I don't care what other people think of me...I don't care that if wearing a cover means that people think that I am insecure, that is there problem, not mine. I could go buy a new bathing suit that I feel great in and others may still have issues with it...Really, I don't care.......

I am in NO way ashamed of my body, but sometimes I don't feel like a sun tan, don't feel like I want to show my body. I see nothing wrong with just being comfortable dressing however you see fit at that time....
Ftr~ I didn't say or imply that everyone who covers up is ashamed of their size/weight/shape.

I was simply making a point about Brooksie NOT covering up this weekend because she shouldn't feel ashamed about any of those things...

She has a really young child and her current shape and size has EVERYTHING to do with that so she should be proud of who she is today....even if that isn't the shape/size/weight she plans on being forever...it is who she is right now today.

I am also one of those people who is comfortable in my own skin at every weight I have ever been. I am who I am and I am not going to spend my life worrying about what others think of me.

What others think of me is really none of my business.

What I think of myself is all that matters to me.
MNMommy2 12:04 PM 08-02-2013
Try the Eat Clean books by Tosca Reno. Great advice and great recipes!
Brooksie 09:52 AM 08-03-2013
Because my reply was in regards to Brooksie not wanting to wear a swim suit THIS weekend....not enough time to wait until she fits in it...

Way too many women do the whole wait until I fit into it thing..... 99.9% of the time, it doesn't happen that way anyways.

By the time someone loses the weight and gets healthy, the suit is no longer fashionable or they are a completely different body shape than they were previously and can't wear the old suit anyways.

Don't you ever watch "What Not to Wear" ? The hosts say the BIGGEST mistake women make when wanting to lose weight is keeping clothing that they USED to fit into. (for the reasons I mentioned above...shape change, out of date etc)

Ftr~ I didn't say or imply that everyone who covers up is ashamed of their size/weight/shape.

I was simply making a point about Brooksie NOT covering up this weekend because she shouldn't feel ashamed about any of those things...

She has a really young child and her current shape and size has EVERYTHING to do with that so she should be proud of who she is today....even if that isn't the shape/size/weight she plans on being forever...it is who she is right now today.

I am also one of those people who is comfortable in my own skin at every weight I have ever been. I am who I am and I am not going to spend my life worrying about what others think of me.

My boyfriend ended up taking me suit shopping last night. After work, before I headed to his house I tried my suit on (which I just bought 2 months ago at the beginning of the season) and it would have been VERY inappropriate to wear to his boss's house. lol The top fits great and I'm not worried about my stomach, but my booty... oh my booty! Girl gained some junk in her trunk! I don't know how that happened so fast it was either my cheeks hanging out or a grand view of my crack. but hey, at least I got a cute suit that fits ON SALE since its the end of the summer.. and since my boyfriend saw how devastated I was he bought me a really cute cover up He's such a sweetie.
daycare 10:02 AM 08-03-2013

I get what you are saying....

I was just saying that she should just keep the one she has, because she said she only gained 10lbs.....You could lose 5 of that over night in just water weight.....Give me 4 days and I could drop 10lbs......BTW it is NOT recommened or SAFE to do that......but I won't lie, I have done it many times. Now if you are talking more than that, well then yes, you should go out and buy something that fits, especially if it's just a few days a way....

Some of the clothing that I have I have had since college......I make it work. BUT I do see what you are saying about don't hold on to clothing that is not flattering or looks good..I also take very good care of my clothing.

I know everyone is their own worst critic and needs to feel comfortable in their own skin......RIGHT!!@
Cradle2crayons 10:30 AM 08-03-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
Doesn't PCOS just suck??? I have to go below 30 grams of carbs a day to lose weight and at around 65 grams I start gaining FAST. Metformin helps some. My biggest downfall is finding time to exercise. Have an elliptical in my room collecting dust.
PCOS here and endo.

Was overweight from age 8 before puberty until 2 years ago.

I tried everything to lose weight over the years. Nothing worked.

Then I did the HCG diet for two rounds and only lost about 30 lbs which was my goal. Then I laid low about a year and last year without "dieting" until now I've lost from 220 to 140. And I eat anything I want. No real trick to it.

A friend of mine had r same issues and did the same HCG plan.

Then one day she starting making her meal plates, drinking a glass of water, eating only one half the food on her plate and tossing the rest.

In about two months, she cut her half in half. Never changed the types of food, although it wasn't bad food to begin with. No processed all home made and fresh.

By the time it was all said and done, she had lost 60 lbs.

So I thought it couldn't be at easy. Until I tried it.

Now I'm down nearly 100 lbs and smaller than I was at 10 years old.

I never ate bad foods. Growing up we never ate out or fried foods. EVER. But the PCOS and endo ruined my metabolism.

The theory behind the HCG was to reset your hypothalamus. Apparently it works.

Because now I still eat anything and everything I ate before, but in smaller quantities.

E only drawback is that I went from being hungry all the time to never ever being hungry, so I have to be very very careful to eat enough now.

I forget to eat all the time and frequently find myself not eating for two days. That started about six months ago.

But the weight loss has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

My husband did the same thing I did and he's dropped all of his extra which was only about 30 lbs.
snbauser 11:30 AM 08-03-2013

Thanks so much for the link as I am always looking for new recipes. Dh and I changed our eating habits about 2 months ago on the strong urging from his doctor. He highly recommended the book "Eat to Live" which we have both read and follow although not 100%. But the basis is that you can eat as much as you want as long as it is fruit and vegies and that we don't need nearly as much carbs or protein as people think and a whole lot less that the average adult eats. Dh dropped 28 lbs and I dropped 17 lbs in the first 6-8 weeks. But the best part is that by changing our diet, dh has been able to complete eliminate the prescription he had to take for heart burn and acid re flux, has been able to cut his blood pressure meds in half, has dramatically lowered his cholesterol, and has at least for now postponed the meds that the dr wanted to put him on for early onset diabetes. We eat a ton more fruits and vegies and a lot less meat and grains. When we do eat meat, it is usually boneless, skinless chicken and usually in something like a chicken caesar salad. When we eat grains, it is almost always whole grains. The best part about his is it has made us much more aware of what we are putting in our bodies. We spend a lot more time reading labels because it is amazing the difference between brands in "fat free" or "cholesterol free" or whatever you are looking for, especially in things like sodium or sugar content. Plus with this being a lifestyle change and not just a diet, we know that it is okay to splurge as long as it is in moderation, and we go back to the healthy eating. A cookie or a cracker is a treat and should be thought of that way.
Brooksie 03:33 PM 08-08-2013
Just had to say, I did my weigh in for this week since I started counting my calories on MyFitnessPal and upping my H20 intake and getting back on my workout track and I've been coming in under my calorie level (I think its at 1290pd). I almost fell off my scale!!!!! I lost 5 lbs in 6 days I feel amazing! Think I may even surprise the bf with something a little sexy tonight I only have 8 more pounds-ish to reach my goal but I'm not all that worried about it. The point is that I feel great since I've changed my habits, and obviously my body is responding to the healthier style!
Reply Up