Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Parking
lovemykidstoo 01:42 PM 04-24-2019
I swear what is wrong with people? This is grandma that came to pick up her granddaughter today. There was another car in the driveway further up on the other side of the driveway. I live in Michigan and it's spring, so the ground is really soft. I was standing right there when she pulled in. Ticked me right off!
Attached: car.jpg (138.9 KB) 
Mike 02:27 PM 04-24-2019
If she put a rut in the ground, send her the bill for the repair.
Michael 02:42 PM 04-24-2019
Wow, great way to crush your sprinkler-heads.

springv 02:45 PM 04-24-2019
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Ariana 02:50 PM 04-24-2019
Wow! Hopefully your grass still comes in on that side. Might be time to put some cones there.
e.j. 04:04 PM 04-24-2019
You have to wonder what goes through their heads sometimes. I showed my husband the picture. He shook his head and laughed saying, "That's exactly why I left the reflector poles up for the time being!"
gumdrops 04:53 AM 04-25-2019
We had to put up reflector poles too. Our driveway has a curve in it and it's gravel at that point, so the curve kept getting cut shorter and shorter. My husband was not happy!
lovemykidstoo 04:57 AM 04-25-2019
Another dad was here putting his son in the car when she pulled in and I said oh please don't pull on the grass, please don't pull on the grass. He looked and shook his head. I mean I was standing right there. She didn't say a word about it. If you can't handle parking correctly on the driveway then pull straight in front of the house, which was about 5 feet from where she parked. If she does it again, we're going to have a talk.
Snowmom 06:18 AM 04-25-2019
Ouch. That sucks.

I had one knock over my garbage can backing out today. Luckily he got out and picked up his mess or the Ring footage would have been sent to the wife with a bill.
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 04-25-2019
Parking on the grass, in fire lanes and/or straight up inventing your own parking space is a HUGE pet peeve for me. I'd have marched right out there and confronted her.

My DH spends an enormous amount of time keeping the driveways and lawns in pristine condition (he used to be in golf course management ) and he would be livid if a daycare parent parked like that.

I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully, she is more aware of where she's parking the next time around.
lovemykidstoo 06:28 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Parking on the grass, in fire lanes and/or straight up inventing your own parking space is a HUGE pet peeve for me. I'd have marched right out there and confronted her.

My DH spends an enormous amount of time keeping the driveways and lawns in pristine condition (he used to be in golf course management ) and he would be livid if a daycare parent parked like that.

I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully, she is more aware of where she's parking the next time around.
It's a pet peeve for me I think it's just plane ignorant. The thing is, there was plenty of room I don't know why she had to do that. I have the majority of my parents that pull in and park right smack in the middle of the driveway. WTH. Park either one side or the other. Why why why do they do that? Drives me nuts!
Ac114 09:57 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
It's a pet peeve for me I think it's just plane ignorant. The thing is, there was plenty of room I don't know why she had to do that. I have the majority of my parents that pull in and park right smack in the middle of the driveway. WTH. Park either one side or the other. Why why why do they do that? Drives me nuts!

Just so rude and disrespectful. I don’t get it. Our driveway is wider close to house and gets smaller towards the road like a triangle if that makes sense. We have a large enough driveway that can fit 6 or 7 vehicles but I have one parent that likes to park at the very end of the driveway in the middle so no one else can pull in. Like why?
lovemykidstoo 11:02 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Just so rude and disrespectful. I don’t get it. Our driveway is wider close to house and gets smaller towards the road like a triangle if that makes sense. We have a large enough driveway that can fit 6 or 7 vehicles but I have one parent that likes to park at the very end of the driveway in the middle so no one else can pull in. Like why?
That's exactly how ours is. At the narrow end it's still enough for 2 cars to fit side by side but it is wider at the garage area. If people parked like an adult with a brain it would be fine.
LysesKids 06:55 PM 04-25-2019
I swear what is wrong with people? This is grandma that came to pick up her granddaughter today. There was another car in the driveway further up on the other side of the driveway. I live in Michigan and it's spring, so the ground is really soft. I was standing right there when she pulled in. Ticked me right off!
I got to the point that parents were banned from driveway & had to park in front on the street due to damaging grass on sides of driveway or hitting my home in winter because they slide on snow (yes it happened first year I lived here)... not to mention the parent that cut over corner where I had my BIG ROCKS - purposely put there to halt corner cutting. Now that my big rose bush is there, nobody runs over the corner lol
knoxmomof2 08:19 AM 04-26-2019
I also have the widening driveway. There's 1 lane that holds 2 cars deep. The other lane is kind of triangular near the road, and widens as you near the house. It goes up the side of the house. It can fit 2 deep as well.

I've learned a lot by paying attention to where people park when they come for interviews. If they park dead center at the back of the driveway, they're rude and inconsiderate people. In retrospect, I've never liked a parent that did that. The considerate ones will park behind my car, which is parked in the full lane, so that they're not blocking someone's access to the other lane. Most people don't feel comfortable enough to pull up in the other spot until they're clients. I don't recall that anyone has done that for the interview.

When our midwife did my home visit, she parked behind my car. She's a very thoughtful and sweet person. We shared our observations with her. She was quite pleased with herself.. Lol..

Anyway, it's an interesting psychological experiment My Husband is the one who pointed it out to me.
lovemykidstoo 05:49 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I also have the widening driveway. There's 1 lane that holds 2 cars deep. The other lane is kind of triangular near the road, and widens as you near the house. It goes up the side of the house. It can fit 2 deep as well.

I've learned a lot by paying attention to where people park when they come for interviews. If they park dead center at the back of the driveway, they're rude and inconsiderate people. In retrospect, I've never liked a parent that did that. The considerate ones will park behind my car, which is parked in the full lane, so that they're not blocking someone's access to the other lane. Most people don't feel comfortable enough to pull up in the other spot until they're clients. I don't recall that anyone has done that for the interview.

When our midwife did my home visit, she parked behind my car. She's a very thoughtful and sweet person. We shared our observations with her. She was quite pleased with herself.. Lol..

Anyway, it's an interesting psychological experiment My Husband is the one who pointed it out to me.
Great points!!!!!

I took this pic this morning. First drop off of the day. I have 3 parents drop off within 5 minutes of each other, so this first person really did not do anyone justice by parking right in the middle of the driveway and at the end to make it even better. The white truck is my husbands. He's on the left side of the driveway and there is a spot on the other side of him so you can gauge how she is parked in the middle. WTH
Attached: carparking.jpg (71.7 KB) 
knoxmomof2 06:45 AM 04-29-2019
Great points!!!!!

I took this pic this morning. First drop off of the day. I have 3 parents drop off within 5 minutes of each other, so this first person really did not do anyone justice by parking right in the middle of the driveway and at the end to make it even better. The white truck is my husbands. He's on the left side of the driveway and there is a spot on the other side of him so you can gauge how she is parked in the middle. WTH
Gah! People.....
Mom2Two 11:13 AM 04-29-2019
Since this is GRANDMA who did this, I keep having evil thoughts of saying something like: "Oh, I see that you were not able to park straight. You ended up on my lawn. Have your kids talked to you about getting a senior citizen driving test?"
Tags:parents - disrespect, parents - do crazy things, parents - don't cooperate, parking
Reply Up