Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP Google Docs Question
Thriftylady 12:32 PM 06-25-2015
I am new to google docs. But I want to email my daycare enrollment forms to a new client. I know there is a way but I can't seem to find it. Anyone up to give a lesson?
Blackcat31 12:47 PM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am new to google docs. But I want to email my daycare enrollment forms to a new client. I know there is a way but I can't seem to find it. Anyone up to give a lesson?
Sure can... I use Google Drive for EVERYTHING!

Do you currently have a Google Drive account?

If not sign up and I can try to help walk you through it if you want...
Thriftylady 01:19 PM 06-25-2015
I have one and my docs are there I just wasn't sure how to do it. I ended up sending her two emails though with attachments in PDF form because doesn't the other person have to have google drive also? I am still learning this whole drive thing. But all my docs are there because I lost them all last time my computer crashed. I did find that I seem to be able to email the whole file, but it shows I am sending it to a collaborator so they can change them? Not sure I want someone else to edit.
NillaWafers 06:09 PM 06-29-2015
Download it as a PDF and email it to her. I actually use Adobe Forms and have made a contract I can type names and dates ect (ie select am or pm) on.

I use google docs for almost everything because I am cheap and hate paying for word, haha.
Thriftylady 07:01 PM 06-29-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Download it as a PDF and email it to her. I actually use Adobe Forms and have made a contract I can type names and dates ect (ie select am or pm) on.

I use google docs for almost everything because I am cheap and hate paying for word, haha.
I have it on PDF on my computer and ended up adding them to attachments in an email. I guess I was looking for an easier way than add every document separately.
NillaWafers 01:14 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I have it on PDF on my computer and ended up adding them to attachments in an email. I guess I was looking for an easier way than add every document separately.
The only other way would be for you to share it to her (share button is in the top right corner I believe), through her email. I find it's easier just to attach everything because it sends a separate email for every share, I like to keep it condensed.

OR, just thought of this, you can create a folder in google drive and put all your documents you would normally send a parent and share the folder itself. I believe to share from google drive you create the folder, put the docs in, and right click share (on the folder).
Thriftylady 01:26 PM 06-30-2015
Yes I found a way to share the folder. Now if I can just find a way to make them where the other person can't edit them!
Reply Up